1.0

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

            Julia Black would like to think that she had a great control over her emotions. From a young age, she had always been considered the 'tamer' of the twins. While Jacob would cry for his dodo when they were toddlers, Julia would be the one to use her words, or pointing and grunting when she didn't know what words were yet, to show people what was wrong.

So, when Jake burst into her room at half seven in the morning ranting about how his 1986 Volkswagen rabbit had shit itself this morning when he was about to leave to collect his friends for school, Julia just smiled and waited for him to stop freaking out and get to the point of his early visit.

He sighed and dragged his hands down his face. "Julie, can you do me a solid."

And this is how she found herself leaving their red, sliding clad cabin earlier then she would usually have on a school morning, hastily grouping her waist long black hair into a loose low bun so she wouldn't sit on it while driving.

"Tell me again why Brie couldn't drive you and Q in today?" Julia questioned her twin brother as she threw her school bag into the bed of her baby blue 1987 chevy Silverado.

One of the many things that Julia and Jacob Black share in common is their love for fixing crappy cars up into decent, usable vehicles again. It was a hobby the two twins got into when their sisters' car at the time conked out and realised it would cost a lot less for them to figure it out themselves then spending all that money at a mechanics.

"Embry had to show up to school early to retake that geometry test he missed last week when he had that stomach bug and I promised Quil I would take him in since he still hasn't learned how to drive. I honestly think he's afraid to." Jake let out with an exasperated sigh, as he too threw his bag into the bed of her truck as there wouldn't be enough room for the three teens and their bags in the front.

"And how am I being drug into this mess again, my little brother dearest?"

"You are literally only 13 minutes older, get over it. And I would have drove Quil and I in the Rabbit but it shit itself when I started it. I think I'll need another week or so to work on it. Depending on what caused the shitting. God, I really hope it was only the belt or something simple to fix." Jake poured his worries out into the air as Julia started the car and backed out of their gravely drive.

During the journey to Quils', Jake had taken his elbow length hair into a half up half down bun and continued to talk through the different problems that could be wrong with his precious car while Julia nodded half-heartedly as she drove, gripping the wheel tightly in her grip every now and then to try and swallow the nerves rattling in her stomach as she made her way to his house.

.

It took ten minutes to arrive in front of the Ateara house. It was a small white cabin similar to the Blacks. It was the perfect size for the multigenerational family that resided inside. Two thirds of said family were standing out on the porch when Julia parked up on the curb.

"Does Joy wave Q off to school every morning?" Julia couldn't help but chuckle when she saw said woman grab Quils face and kiss his cheeks. She could see from the road how his face burned bright.

He pulled his face out of his mother's grip and almost ran to the two snickering twins sitting in the truck waiting. He threw his bag into the bed of the truck and hopped in hurriedly, pushing Jake over so he knocked his shoulder into his twins and settled himself into the door while refusing to look towards the owner of the truck.

"I thought you were driving us in the rabbit, Jake?" Quil finally mumbled out, obviously embarrassed by his mother actions.

"I was, but it had a shit attack, so I had to ask Jules or else you and I'd have had to walk."

Julia rolled down her window as Joy Ateara made her way towards the truck with a smile that could brighten anyone's day. A feature that Julia concluded her son had obtained from her. She shook her head lightly as if to physically remove that thought from her head. Said son groaned from the other end of the bench when he noticed his mother approach.

"Hac̓h chiʔí, Joy!" Julia beamed, she absolutely adored Joy Ateara. She took after her name a little too much. She was always smiling and would never let anyone leave her presence without a smile on their face too. Julia hasn't spent much time at the Ateara house as she had her own friends and found it a bit weird to hang out with Jake and his friends, but the few times she was over, Joy had either a fresh batch of cookies, brownies, muffins, or some other sweet treat cooling off on the counter for her son and his friends to snack on.

"Ayásochid, Julie dear, it's been too long missy! I miss seeing your beautiful face around here! And I'm sure I'm not the only one either-"

"MOM, I-I think we'll be late, we gotta go now. Bye!" Quil had built the courage to remove his hands away from his bright red face as he moved forward to glare at his mom. Julia turned to look at him in surprise from his abrupt interruption and when he noticed her looking at him, his glare lifted, and his eyes widened as he whipped his head around to stare out of the window beside him instead.

Julia was confused but her attention was once again captured by the giggling woman stood by her open window.

"Alright honey, have a good day at school! Thank you for driving them, Julie! And I expect you to visit more often. I trust you to drag her over sometime when you visit again Jake!" The smiling woman giggled to herself at her own jokes and gave the three teenagers a big wave while Julia drove off from the curb.

"I love your mom" Jake grinned while poking Quils arm.

.

After a short drive filled with Jake complaining about everything and anything, Quil staring out of his window and Julia bumping her head along with the songs on the radio, the teen girl drove into the parking lot of the small reservation school. She parked her car in the empty space beside a red 1990 Subaru Justy Hatchback.

A long haired, lanky, boy sat on the hood of the car and turned his attention to the three teens getting out of the truck.

"Hey Brie. Tiff let you take the car this morning?" Julia called out with a teasing grin on her face. A grin that matched the one that he now sported on his face.

"Julie baby! It's been too long! The last time I saw you was last night in my dreams."

Julia let a loud laugh escape her as she tilted her head back, missing the scowl a certain curly haired boy shot towards Embry. But she did catch the loud 'oomph' that Embry let out after Jake punched his arm.

"Dude, stop with the lame flirting towards my sister. My twin sister." Embry just laughed louder after getting the reactions he was looking for.

Julia grabbed her bag from the truck bed and made her way to lean on the red car besides the laughing boy. She took out her phone and flipped it open and searched for a certain number to text. Embrys' laugh died down as he leaned forward suddenly with a serious look on his face.

"You guys catch whose showed up to school again?" he said bitterly as he tilts his head towards the other side of the parking lot. "Looks exactly like Jared now. Cut his hair off and all. What's Lahote got in common with Uley and Cameron? I'm telling you guys, they are all druggies or something."

"Well, it definitely looks like they're on steroids or something. How else do you explain their sudden body builder looks?" Jake sneered towards the two tanned, tall, and muscular guys hanging by Pauls Black Chevy truck. Julia rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance.

"Oh please, would you guys quit it with that ridiculous rumour. As if Jared would do steroids, and Paul was already ripped to begin with." The three boys turn to look at her in surprise.

"How do you know Lahote was ripped before? Julie? Hey Julia!" Jake called after the retreating girl as she made her way towards the school doors in search of her friend.