1.3

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

            They had dragged Julia a couple miles out into the woods and away from any witnesses. Julia had stopped struggling by now, she was instead groaning and twitching in pain. Sam and Paul had almost dropped her a few times due to how hot her skin had gotten.

"What- what's happening to me?" Julia groaned, bringing her knees up to her chest in an attempt to relieve the ache in her bones. Sweat drenched her skin and her hair stuck to her face and back of her neck.

"There's a stream up ahead, that should help relieve some of her pain." Sam spoke quietly to Paul, an edge to his voice. He had never enjoyed seeing his soon to be pack mates during the changing.

The made their way through the bushes and dragged her to the edge of a stream. They laid her down and helped her out of her jeans a shirt, leaving her in her underwear. In any other situation, Julia would be embarrassed being so exposed to two guys. She was too busy trying to relieve the intense pain that radiate throughout her body to care.

Paul and Sam climbed into the stream, water coming up to their knees, and they gently lowered Julia into the water. The water began to steam when it touched her skin, but the relief was almost instant. The cold January water ran over her scorching skin. Paul stayed by her legs and Sam was gently holding her head above the water.

"Feeling better? The cold usually helps with the fever." Sam asked her in a firm but gentle voice, knowing how confusing it can be for a first-time shifter.

"What's happening? Please, just- just tell me something!" Julia was scared, there was no doubt about that. She was almost delirious with the pain and heat swirling in her body.

"Julia, do you remember the legends of the Kʷòʔlíyotʼ people? The legends of Taha Aki and Utlapa?" Sam began, watching Julia as she nodded to show she knew what he was talking about. "They are all true. We, the direct descendants of the original Kʷòʔlíyotʼ people, contain the gene that changes us into spirit warriors and allows us to shape-shift into wolves. I know it might sound crazy, but right now your body is going through some of the final stages before you change."

At first, Julia truly believed that her fever had caused her to hallucinate. She almost felt like laughing, if it weren't for the fact that there was a little part of her that told her to trust him. Due to having Billy Black, the chief of the tribe, as her father, he had ingrained the legends into his children from a young age. As a child, Julia always took these stories to be fact. Now? Well, now she is partly naked in the woods, being dunked into a stream, feeling sick to her core, surrounded by two guys that had both went through sudden changes in their appearances.

So, instead of deeming the two guys insane, she listened to the tug inside of her and decided to trust them.

"Wh-what happens now?" she was shivering, even though the temperature of her skin was well beyond 100.