1.7

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

It was the harsh knocking on Julia's bedroom door that abruptly woke her. She sat up suddenly and turned to look beside her to notice she was once again alone in her bed. All in all, her first night back in her own bed was wonderful. She hadn't gotten that good of a sleep since before she changed.

Another set of knocking brought her back to the present.

"Julia! Get up or you'll be late! And why is your door locked?" Jacob was the one hammering at her door.

She cleared her throat before shouting back. "Sure, sure. Gimme a minute, I'll be out."

She heard as he made his way back into the kitchen to his two friends as they sat around the table. She could hear the clinks of their spoons as they ate their cereal.

She grabbed her phone and noticed a text from Paul.

I left. Be back at 7.45. your riding with us to school. ill bring muffins from Em's.

Short and sweet, straight to the point.

She got out of bed, threw on a pair of mom jean shorts, a long-sleeved cotton shirt, to which she promptly rolled the sleaves up. Julia had Emily to thank for getting her a few pieces of clothing that will now fit her new and improved body while she was out cold in the shed behind Emily's house. She sat on her bed as she put on a pair of socks and shoved her feet into her beat up pair of sneakers. She grabbed her hairbrush, dragged it quickly through her short and straight hair. She realised it was much easier to take care of her shorter hair.

She grabbed her bag, still holding onto her hairbrush, and made her way out of her room and towards the kitchen.

She grabbed a piece of toast from Jake's plate and shoved it into her mouth. Ignoring his protests, she stood directly behind his chair and started to brush his hair out for him. She tried to be as gentle as she could, but it was obvious to her that he struggled with his hair while she was away. There were numerous knots, and she swore she pulled a twig out.

She could feel the eyes of Embry and Quil burning into her, but she refused to look at them. Instead, focusing her attention on Jake's hair.

"How are you three planning on getting to school?" Julia asked. Her truck was a three-seater, and she just knew the Rabbit was not ready yet, despite Jake's best efforts to try and convince the other two it was nearly ready. They didn't have another car.

"Oh, uh. Yeah. Good question." Jake mumbled, wincing every now and then when Julia tugged at an aggressive knot. It was obvious the three boys hadn't of thought of this beforehand. She knew Jake was driving her truck while she was M.I.A for the past two weeks.

Sighing, she finished brushing his hair and pulled it into a low pony. She reached into her pocket and dumped her keys onto the table in front of him.

"If I find so much as a grubby handprint on my baby, you will never be driving Darla again." She warned her brother. She could hear Paul pulling up outside her house.