1.5

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Paul Lahote and Julia Black had been keeping a secret. A secret that they had managed to keep hidden from everyone. Well, not anymore anyways since its kind of hard to keep secrets when you literally share a brain with a pack of boys who also shape shift into giant fucking wolves.

The summer of 2005 was like any other summer. Sam Uley had only just phased for the first time, Jared Cameron was still hanging out with the jocks and training to hopefully get a football scholarship for college, and Paul Lahote was still a bitter boy who avoided people as much as possible.

Paul had spent his day working on the construction site that his neighbour owned. Even though he was still young, his neighbour felt pity for the young teen and offered him a job in order to get him out of his house during the day and to help him get on his own two feet. It was no secret around the reservation that the two Lahote men had issues. Actually, it was very difficult to keep any secret on the reservation as gossip spread faster than room temperature butter on hot toast.

Unfortunately, the gossip that was frequently talked about referred to many of the people Julia would consider friends and family. Gossip such as the mysterious man that was Embry's father. The no good, scumbag, walkout known as Joshua Uley, and his son Samuel who had just disappeared for two weeks, only to come back and dump Leah Clearwater for her cousin Emily Young. The Littlesea's parents were going through a nasty divorce. And finally, the drunk known as Terrance Lahote and his hothead son, Paul Lahote.

(Ironically, it seems that many of Julia's friends have similar 'tragic' family situations as herself. Having shitty or dead parents seems to be quite popular among her friends.)

It was only just the beginning of summer and Paul had made his way home from the construction site. Unknowingly, Terrance had made his way home earlier then usual and was already waiting for his son. While the reservation knew that Terrance was an alcoholic and Paul a hothead, no one ever really cared too much to take a closer look at the bruises that would blossom a deep purple among rough russet skin. Paul didn't know if her preferred if no one knew because he was too embarrassed to admit his father scared him, or if he wished someone would notice enough to get him out of the prison his father had made of their home.

It was after a particularly rough night for Paul, that he waited for his father to fall asleep on the couch and snuck out of the house to make his way through the dark night to settle on the cool and damp sand of the beach.

Julia was bored. Usually, she would spend her summers with Kim, usually having quiet nights in reading of going to the cinema. Kim was a quiet girl and Julia respected that. This summer, however, Kim's aunt that lived in Oklahoma had been diagnosed with terminal breast cancer. So, Kim and her parents packed up to spend her aunt last summer together.

Jacob felt slightly guilty about this and therefor started requesting she hung out with him and 'his boys' more.

Don't get it wrong, Julia and Jacob had a very good relationship. Whenever they weren't with their respective friends, they were practically joined at the hip. They spent their evenings working together in their shared garage on whatever pile of junk they got their hands on. Every night before bed, the two twins had a routine that they began after their mother's death. They would settle into the worn sofa in front of the tv and would each take a turn brushing the others hair out. They found it both relaxing and comforting. Not to mention it helped keep their hair healthy as it was difficult to take care of all that hair by themselves.