1.6

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

              Julia Black was officially deemed a tame wolf a week and a half after her abrupt explosion into fur. And so, she entered a new phase in her training, 'learning to live like a human even though you are definitely not a human anymore.'

The first challenge she faced was going to the store. Apparently, Sam sends all new wolves to the store in order to learn control. He says its perfect due to the loud noises, overwhelming stench, bright lights and too many colours. It's overstimulation in a singular building.

And God was he right about it being overstimulating.

Julia and Paul walked side by side into the only major store on the Rez. Paul held the shopping list Emily had entrusted him with and Julia was too busy trying to focus her hearing on her own heartbeat as to not scream.

They walked around, picking up everything on Emily's list. Fresh fruit, vegetables, five dozen eggs, a pound of flour and sugar. You know, the usually amount of food to feed four wolves. They were standing in the candy aisle when they both froze.

"Jake, when I agreed to hang out, I didn't think grocery shopping is what you meant." Embry groaned. Julia concluded they must be in the bread aisle due to her hearing. Her heart beat faster. This was not how she planned on seeing her brother for the first time after her change.

"Yeah, well, you hardly expect my dad to do it, do you? Jules usually did this. But now she's like, M.I.A and nobody seems to care she's gone. Every time I bring it up, dad just brushes the topic off like everything's fine!" Jake was upset, that much was clear. Of course he was going to be when his twin sister disappeared.

"Come on, Jake. I- we care she's gone. I mentioned it to my mom and gramps, but they acted just like you said your dad did. It's weird."

Whose voice was that? It was like someone had shoved their hand into Julia's chest and squeezed her heart. Her head swivelled around, attempting to see him but being blocked by the other aisle of food separating them. She hadn't realised she began making her way over to the group of boys until Pauls warm hand wrapped around her wrist. He silently shook his head, mumbling something about how this is the wrong time and place to approach her brother. She had the urge to growl at him for stopping her before she could reach that voice. Her wolf egged her on, begging to find him. She quicky snapped out of whatever trance she had gone into.

Oh, yeah. Her brother. That's totally who she was trying to get to. What is happening to her?

"You two coming over for movie night tonight?" Jake asked.

It finally clicked. Quil. That's who owned that voice. Sam did explain that becoming a wolf heightened their emotions, which in turn just made her crush way more intense.

That would be if she had a crush on Quil. Because she totally did not. No way José!

Subconsciously, while waiting for the boys to leave the store after paying, Julia had picked up a pack of red liquorice and two packs of Reece's Pieces.