1.10

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

There are many instances in Julia's life that she can look back on and cringe. But nothing, nothing, can top this moment.

Sitting in her truck, driving the grandfather of the boy she was just caught making out with, him being the one who caught them. In the seat he was currently sitting in no less.

What was she supposed to say? 'Hey gramps, screw you for interrupting'? because that's kind of what she wants to say.

But she refrains.

"So," oh god, he was going to talk to her. "You imprinted on Junior?"

She sat up a little straighter, ready to defend herself. Her voice was steady, and she gripped her steering wheel a little tighter. "Yes sir, I did."

"Good" her head whipped to the side to make sure the man hadn't hit his head. He was smiling and nodding his head as he thought. "It is a good match, strong babies, and good bloodlines. I'm sure your father would be pleased too."

Julia tried really hard not to crash her jeep as he thought out loud. Babies?! She would rather not be on sixteen and pregnant, thank you very much!

She was grateful that the res was as small as it was, or maybe she was driving 20 over the speed limit, she parked haphazardly next to Sam's truck and almost threw herself out of her truck to get as far away from the conspiring old man as fast as possible.

She quickly spotted Paul sitting on a bench that was in front of the building and sped walked over to him. She collapsed on the seat next to him and sighed. He reached into his pocket and dug out a carton of Marlboros and stuck one in his mouth. He lit it, took a drag, and handed it off to Julia, who greedily accepted. He took another one out and lit one for himself.

"So, I heard I've got some competition now?" He leered at her, with wide mischievous eyes.

"One and done, Lahote. Don't get it twisted." She huffed out. Julia knew he wasn't being serious, he was only trying to ease her worries, and she was grateful.

Not many people liked Paul Lahote. He was seen as a stereotypical rez rat, gangbanger. He was angry, always ready to fight and had no friends. Julia was the complete opposite to him. She was the daughter of the tribes Chief, practically rez royalty. She was kind, always helping others, and everyone only had great things to say about her. It was kind of funny how two completely opposite people gravitated towards each other and became the best of friends. The other two, Sam and Jared, were rather surprised that after Julia shifted, her and Paul became basically inseparable. And then they found out through their memories that they had been such close friends before either of them shifted, (closer than most friends, as Jared still likes to bring that memory up).

Of course, it wasn't long after his first shift that the other two boys saw into his less desirable memories. Of his father coming home late, stinking of alcohol, sometimes bringing home women that Paul swears his father paid to bring back. Memories of his father's flying fists. The memories of overhearing the people of the rez not even attempting to whisper as they talked badly behind his back, sometimes they would even have the gall to talk in front of his face.