2- in your arms

juliette

juliette

present; narrative

The first few weeks on the media team were great. I was at practices mostly just sitting on the sidelines taking pictures since they were really practicing and working out. Me and Paige hung out a few times. Not for long since school work was starting to pick up and we were both busy.

I was sitting in the library with Rose working on some random stuff as we listened to Taylor Swift together. We always studied this way. In our dorm we got too distracted but in the library with the terrifying and strict librarian we got work done in record time. 

"God, I've been looking for you everywhere." I heard someone say, walking over to me and Rose. I looked up and there was Paige with a bright smile on her face.

"Did I miss practice or something?" I laughed, trying to keep my voice down seeing the librarian glare at us but Paige smiled even harder.

"Nah but we're having a team dinner and I was wondering if you wanted to come." She asked and I looked over at Rose. I didn't wanna just ditch her. "You can bring your friend if you want." She read my mind.

I looked at Rose who was smiling looking between me and Paige. I was definitely going to be interrogated when Paige walked away. 

"I'm down" Rose shrugged and looked at me. Her and Paige's eyes stared me down as they waited for my answer. 

"Ok I'll go stop with the scary eyes." I groaned, both of them had clear blue eyes. If you looked into them for too long you could honestly get lost so having two pairs of those eyes staring daggers into me was very uncomfortable. 

"I'll pick you guys up, be ready at 6." She winked and walked out of the library. Leaving me a smiling mess and Rose with a smirk on her face. I looked back down at the papers in front of me, trying to hide the pink tint I could tell my face was. 

"So that's your basketball crush." Rose nudged me and I whipped my head to look at her.

"I do not have a crush on Paige." I laughed, trying to make the possibility seem crazy but she just gave me a knowing look. "Seriously I don't, she's just a friend." I repeated and the look on her face didn't change.

"Do you look at me that way?" She asked, laughing.

"Yes, because I love you." I defended and she just rolled her eyes.

"You'll admit it one day." She looked away, going back to her homework. Thankfully she ended it at that. 

*****

It was 5:57 and to say I was stressing out was an understatement. I don't even know why I was stressed but I was running around the apartment trying to look perfect.

I was wearing a white dress with a large bomber jacket on top. My hair was left natural in its light waves and my makeup looked great but for some reason I wanted it to be better. Until I heard a knock on the door and it had to be good enough.