3- jealousy, jealousy

paige 

paige 

present; narrative

Another few weeks since Jules joined the media team. She'd been there for every practice and workout and even when some of us just wanted to shoot around she was there. We all loved her, she just fit into the family perfectly, well about half of the girls had a thing for her.

I was in the facility with Azzi just shooting around since we had our first game soon.

"Yo P." Azzi said, taking me out of my trance and turning around to look at her. "What's up with you and Jules?" She asked and I sighed. Ever since Azzi and Rose walked in on me and Jules asleep on the couch cuddling they wouldn't leave me alone. I told them it meant nothing, that she was tired and uncomfortable and I just passed out too, that's all it was but they didn't believe a word I said.

"Azzi I told you it wasn't what it looked like." I complained again, taking another shot and it went in perfectly.

"Nah it's not about that I heard some of the basketball guys talking about her and I just wanted to make sure she was fully single before helping any of them." She explained and my face dropped, not noticeable to Azzi since I was facing the other way.

"Wait what are you talking 'bout?" I questioned looking at her confused.

"The other day I was with Jules, Rose and Nika and the guys from the basketball team came over to us and it was chill then Jules and Rose had to go and they were asking about her. I think Jay wants to ask her out or something." She said laughing at the story. My face went blank and I turned back to the hoop, shooting and missing by a long shot.

"What the hell was that?" She laughed at the bad shot. I walked over to my chair grabbing my water when she noticed the stone cold look on my face. "Wait, are you upset about that?" She asked.

"No man, just those guys aren't good enough for Jules." I explained, my own words not even making sense to myself.

"Jay's a good guy, he seems to really like her." She explained making me stand up.

"He's barely even talked to her, he just thinks she's hot." I said angrily, grabbing the ball and dribbling it way more aggressively then I usually would.

"P it's not a big deal, maybe they'll get to know each other and she'll really like him." She said in an attempt to calm me down, only making me more mad.

"Don't say that shit." I said shooting and missing again. I heard Azzi get up and grab the ball before I could.

"What's your deal P. You just met Jules." She asked, confused, looking at me waiting for an answer.

"I don't know Azzi, I just don't like the thought of Jules with those guys." I admitted and sat on my chair, her sitting next to me.

"Have you ever considered that you like her?" She asked and I shook my head.