25- there's still hope

paige 

paige 

present; narrative

It's been a few days since my birthday. I spent the first day after recovering. My head was pounding and it didn't help that my blanket that I used as a curtain fell so I woke up to the sun beaming in my eyes. The next few days I just did school or workouts. I had to focus more on my arms since my injury so my muscles were looking too fine.

"Paige let's go." Azzi screamed at me. I had begged her to come to the gym with me so I wouldn't have to workout alone, even though she got annoyed that I lifted more than her really fast.

"I'm coming, calm down." I laughed, pulling on my new Kobe's that Jules got me. I don't remember much from the party. I remember opening presents, sitting at the table with Jules and that's it. I didn't even know how I got home but whoever drove me definitely had to listen to me talk about missing Jules.

We walked to the center which was completely empty this early in the morning on a Monday. It was before any of our classes because I just couldn't stand being around my trainers anymore. They treated me like a little kid, at least Azzi knew how to push me, and get under my nerves.

I was sitting on a bench, dribbling the ball between my legs. Azzi's shoes coming into view broke my focus and I grabbed the ball, looking at her confused. She never came to talk to me during my workouts.

"So what happened after Jules drove you home?" She sat down next to me. Jules didn't drive me home. All I remember was talking about making a mistake with Kate and missing Jules, I wouldn't have said that to her face.

"What are you talking about?" I laughed, Azzi was trying to get me nervous. She knew Jules was the one way to do that. Az just never stopped chirping since that's all she did better than me.

"Jules drove you home after the party. I asked her, she said something about you guys talking when you're sober but she didn't say anything after that." She shrugged and I dropped the ball I was holding.

Jules drove me home. That meant Jules heard everything I said about Kate, and about how much I missed her. I tried to go over the night in my head, trying to remember every detail.

"I need to go." I started grabbing my stuff, desperately throwing things around.

"Paige it's six in the morning, she's not gonna be up." Azzi tried to reason with me but I didn't listen. I ran out of the gym, deciding to walk to her apartment. It was a longer walk but I could probably use the time to think of my apology.

I can't believe I finally got my chance to talk to Jules and I blew it. I'm never drinking again. I spilled everything to her without remembering half of it. Imagine how she feels. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to piece together parts of that night.

She did mention Jay, I remember the driver saying Jay something. Jay did something. Jay said something. Jay loves someone. Jay loves Jules. Jay loves my Jules, that's gross.