4- make it or break it

juliette 

juliette 

present; narrative

It's been a few days since the party and I was ignoring Paige everywhere I went. At practices I talked to the other girls so Paige wouldn't have the chance to talk to me alone. She texted me a few times a day but I just left her on read and even when I saw her between classes I would walk right past her. I was amazing at staying mad.

But today was the first game of the season and I was driving to take the bus with the girls. It wasn't an away game so the ride was short but I was still dreading being around Paige. I got there pretty fast and walked to the sidewalk where the rest of the girls were waiting.

"Jules!" Azzi screamed running over to me and hugging me, lifting me up and spinning me around. She put me down and we walked over to the rest of the girls.

"You guys excited for the first game?" I asked excitedly and they all started talking about plays and how excited they were. I noticed Paige didn't say a word, only looked down at the ground or played with the bracelets on her arms. Usually she would be bursting with energy about the game but to see her so quiet and down was concerning, especially since she was expected to lead the team.

I pulled Azzi aside when the rest of the girls were talking.

"Has Paige been like that all day?" I asked, looking at Paige concerned.

"You mean all week. Ever since the party she's been super quiet and down, she feels horrible." She responded, also turning to examine Paige. "You guys should talk, I know she feels bad." She continued and I just nodded.

"Yeah I can't stand seeing her like this." I responded, almost tearing up at the sight of how upset Paige was when today was such a huge day for them.

"Take my seat next to her and talk it out." Azzi offered, making me smile and hug her tightly, thankful for the opportunity to at least talk to Paige now. We walked back to the bus when we noticed the other girls were getting on, Paige being one of the first and me and Azzi being last. When Paige saw Azzi walk past her and go sit with Amari she looked around confused before I took the empty seat next to her.

"Hey." I whispered. Looking at her, even her eyes looked sad. The usual blue color now being gray.

"Hey Jules." She responded just as quietly, a completely different tone from the one I heard at the party. "Look Jules, I'm sorry for how I acted. I don't even know why I acted like that I just got scared and protective over you but you're my friend and I should be happy for you no matter who you date whether that be Jay or someone else or maybe even a girl I'm not really sure but I'm so sorry and I understand if you're still mad but I hope you know how sorry I am and I really hope I don't lose you cuz-" She ranted and I stopped her, putting my hand on her arm.

"Paige it's ok." I said, laughing at her nerves. She exhaled loudly, relieved.

"Oh thank god. I thought you were gonna hate me forever." She admitted, smiling softly.