10- confessions on the court

juliette 

juliette 

present; narrative

It was valentines day. The day I was supposed to be going on my date with Jay, well kinda. I told him I needed to figure some stuff out first and then I'd get back to him and that stuff was Paige Bueckers.

I realized that after I had accepted Jay's date I got that guilty feeling again. It's like I couldn't move on from Paige without knowing 100% nothing was gonna happen. If there was something there then I'd choose Paige but if there wasn't then I needed to move on.

I spent every night since lying awake thinking about Paige. Was I even ready to move on? I hadn't exactly come to terms with my feelings the way I thought I did because even the idea of only being friends with Paige made me want to scream. It was awful wanting someone you're supposed to be friends with because even if Paige doesn't have any feelings for me I'm still meant to support and love her like a friend, not like someone who wants to be her girlfriend.

Rose had tried to keep a smile on my face but I could tell that even she felt bad for not knowing what to do and because of her asking around for help Azzi found out about my date with Jay, which led to Nika then the whole basketball team. Even Geno knew which meant Paige had to know.

I wondered how Paige reacted. Everytime Jay was brought up or even near me I saw her get tense, assuming having issues with him for reasons I didn't know about. I hadn't seen Paige since before I hung out with Jay so I didn't know how she was feeling, or if she even reacted at all.

I was on my way to class, doing everything possible to distract myself from the idea of Paige for the hundredth time today, which basically meant blasting Taylor Swift till I couldn't feel my throat and chugging so much water that my stomach hurt. That's how I coped when I was overwhelmed.

Class felt like it was never ending but thankfully I only had one class today so afterwards I could head to my dorm and make a whole script for how I'm gonna talk to Paige. I wasn't going to confess my feelings but atleast put it out there and if she bites then great, if she doesn't then I have my answer.

"Ok Rose you be Paige and I'll be me." I said sitting across from Rose on the couch.

"Yuh bet." She imitated Paige's accent and we both burst out laughing at her failure. She somehow managed to make Paige sound like a cowgirl who hung out with Tupac in her freetime.

"P maybe we should talk about last time." I said, nerves coursing through my body at the thought of saying this to Paige.

"Yeah probably." Rose responded dryly, as much as her answer made me groan it was realistic to how Paige would actually reply.

"I can't do this. I don't know what to say to her, or how to say it without making a fool of myself and ruining everything." I complained, putting my hands over my face. Maybe now was the time to transfer to another school, Rose could visit.