Prologue

"Funny how dreams and desires are so strong yet so fragile, strong enough to drive someone mad and so fragile that it can be shattered so quickly." Laughing to herself as she looked around.

Standing in a field of lavenders, the vast land of purple and green bathed her vision. The entire sight of colorful butterflies drifting on one flower to another seemed to give the illusion of her being inside tranquil painting that represented the ambiance of a lovely spring in the meadows.

The warm soft wind that caressed her skin as she gazed up to the blue sky watching the clouds pass-by. Carrying the sweet floral scent it brought along with it filling her with a sense of serenity with the aroma alone. The leaves and petals tickled her fingertips, as though bathing her hand with feather-like kisses that were trying to keep her there on the beautiful pasture. The scent flooded her olfactory senses and the sensations that she felt on my skin, were all luring her to linger there for a while longer.

Sighing as she closed her eyes, concentrating on the sounds around her until she is able to separate one from another from another. Her ears picking up the sound of the rustling leaves as the wind blew past field, resembling the whispers of little fairies just like what her mother told her. The chirping of the birds and the rush of the river merged together in a melodic harmony that reminded her of a tune sang by nymphs during the pink moon.

The children's laughter faintly echoing from the walls of the lower village a few miles away from where she stood. The indistinct sounds of percussive instruments were mixing along with the laughter that reached her ears. From the scents, to the sensations and the sounds she heard were enough to overstimulated her in a way that made her wished that peace lasted this long.

"Stop this... Please." Her voice was soft and on the verge of cracking, closing her eyes tightly as she tired to stop her tears that threatened to fall.

As soon as the words slipped past her lips the everything around her seemed to have slowed down, slow enough for her to hear the powerful beating of the wings of a butterfly until everything eventually become silent. Opening her eyes to see that the lavenders, leaves and even the dew drops that covered the grass had stopped mid-motion. Turning her head to the side where she saw a butterfly frozen in the in mid-air right above a flower . Gazing at it with melancholy as it reminds that her what this place really is.

Feeling a heavy change in the air had her eyes travelling towards the direction without having to turn around to face it. The presence behind her was warm and one that she had longed to feel but she was torn between her feelings, she was angry as she knew he wanted somethin from her and somewhere deep within her was happy that he had come to her rescue

"Please stop... I don't want to go down like this. " Her tone covering the raging war that was happening from within her

"I cannot comprehend how you saw through it." He said with a tone that was laced with curiosity.

"Nor do I understand why you would not want this." His voice filled with confusion on why a human would say no when their deepest desires are happening right before their eyes.

"I can hear it... I can feel it... That's why." The moment she said that, loud and violent cries were heard. Voices filled with rage that once filled her as well, voices that screamed for justice and those that were calling someone a murderer.

She felt a heavy feeling on my wrists, looking down she saw her purple satin dress was turned into a tunic of dirty white with the fabric torn and with a few spots of dried blood. Her porcelain apricot skin was decorated with blooming flowers of purple and green. Scars and scratches ran up her arms either that in a color of tender pink or raw red with blood oozing out a bit from the lacerations. Chains made of steel had replaced her golden bracelets that once adorned her wrists. Her feet felt scared and cracked with dryness, it felt sore and tender as though she had been forced to walked barefoot on a road of burning coal .

"I thank you for this but I'd rather see what's happening than be blindfolded with a reality that was weaved with lies." She can see the blue sky slowly cracking, like a mirror that's slowly about to be shattered to pieces.

"You mean good, but we both know you have an ulterior motive for this. Don't try lying to me on my death bed." She said as she turned to look at him, hoping that his face was the last thing she would see

"Even if it was a lie meant to protect a delicate snowflake like you?" Ignoring her first statement, honoring her wish of him being truthful

"I am not delicate. I am not a snowflake. I don't need protection anymore. " Her eyes turning cold along with her voice, she may seem ungrateful to this entity but she could care less. She knew they never cared for humans, so he must have been doing this for a reason.

"As you wish." With that the field of lavenders shattered like a kaleidoscope that kept her protected from the outside world and was replaced by a field of pitchforks and torches.

The faces of people that greeted her were filled with rage and hatred in their eyes. The sky was filled with dark grey clouds and a harsh cold wind hit me as her was dragged to the platform towards the Guillotine.

"OFF WITH HER HEAD!"

"MURDERER!"

"TRAITOR!"

"KILL HER"

She couldn't even avoid a rock that was thrown at her by some of people from the crowd. She didn't flinch when it hit her head nor when she felt the warm liquid trickle down her face.

Looking up to see him within the crowd, giving him a small smile they announced who she was and what she did.

Smiling as tears fell from her eyes, questioning herself what did she do to deserve this?