XXVIII

As she sat there contemplating her thoughts, she was shocked when she saw someone enter her cell and pinned her down to the floor where she was sitting. Her eyes widened at the sudden attack on her, knowing what he was intending to do. Kicking and struggling with all her might as he tried ripping what she was wearing off of her body.

"Pretty and noble princess, now turned into a Driggle-Draggle. You'll be the best doll in the blackmarket even if you have already been used by Lord Eldur." He whispered unto her ear as he pinned her down to the ground with his body. His hands travelled up to her thighs, laughing as he watched her struggle and fight back. Her eyes tearing up as was trying to stop the inevitable.

She kicked and scratched at him, when she was able to land a hit on his body he got angry and punched her on her face. She was in a daze for a few moments before she felt him attack her neck, to which she had cried out to before blacking out.

After blacking out she found herself in her chamber once more, screaming in a fright. Her soft sheets and pillows greeting her hands as she screamed in terror, she felt a warm body suddenly engulfing her in an embrace. She tried fighting him off in fright of what he would do to her, but he simply held her tightly. Comforting her as she melted into his arms and cried out in fear.

It broke the man's heart to see one person he cared about to be in this much pain and suffering. It pained him more knowing he was a deity with supposed power to change reality yet he couldn't even help her a little bit since his real body was still imprisoned.

"I told you to stay here instead." He said gently as he caressed her hair. Not understanding how she could wake herself up from dreams like this, as the most people he had trapped in dreams were unable to ever wake up.

He could not do this to the Aevilok brother's as they were under the protection of someone currently more powerful than he was. He was also not allowed to meddle with things in the mortal realm anymore , since he was already being punished for meddling in the past. All he could do was keep Altheia in a safe space were she could hide so it would not impact her fully. So he could lessen the mental and emotional anguish she was feeling aside from her physical suffering she was being forced to experience.

"I won't be able to determine reality from illusions anymore if I continue to stay." She said as she bitterly laughed all the while enjoying the comfort he gave her.

They stayed like that for a few seconds before she slowly disappeared from his arms again, making him sigh as he tried to pull her back into the dream. Altheia on the other hand had slightly seen the image of her first attacker being finished with her, and another was just about to replace him. His menacing smile soon disappeared as she found herself in a dream with Saxon again.

"Your name's not Saxon is it?" She said calmly, at least she could appreciate what he was doing for her. Pulling her out of reality so she would not have to live with that type of memory clear in her head.

He did not answer her question and simply smiled comfortingly at her. The smile that reminded her of the last thing she saw before he died before her eyes a few weeks back. She felt safe in his presence but at the same time there was something dark about him. She felt as though he was going to protect her from anything but at the same time it felt as though he was going to kill her at any moment.

"Lyraez, god of trickery..." She said in a soft tone, which made him look at her. Chuckling since it was obvious that she was going to guess it in a few seconds anyways.

"You catch on quickly. What gave it away? Dreams or illusions?" He asked amused, planning on keeping her here as long as possible. Distracting her to keep her from waking up.

She just stared silently into the shadows, she just had a feeling since Myrkur said that her family was close to the god in the past. Though what confused her was why was he doing this, it's not like she did anything to help him in the past. She was not a worshipper of the deities like her mother, and she had learned to detest them over the years.

"Why are you angry?" She randomly asked, which caused his smile to falter. His aura suddenly turning deadly, she could feel his anger radiating even though he tried to control it. She looked at him with genuine wonder.

He had to remind himself that even if she did look like that person from 3000 years ago. Though she also resembled that one from eons ago in his memory, which was why he was torn between wanting to protect her and wanting to kill her.

"Because it was your ancestor's who betrayed me." He said in a cold tone while looking at her. She seemed to be waiting for him to continue, his eyes started to glow in anger as he remembered the memories from a millennia ago.

"You... Your ancestor ripped out my heart, imprisoned me and left me rot beneath Neptune's peak. They came by the temple by the peak to ensure I remained trapped, until it collapsed and I have been underneath there all these years'' As he said that with a bitter smile, while Altheia's eyebrows furrowed as Myrkur said that her ancestor were friends with Lyraez in the past.

Lyraez was frustrated, as the chains would only be broken if the last descendant of the Fridur dies. She had the face of the person who had imprisoned him down there but her soul made him remember a certain someone who he was waiting for all these years. He felt torn as though he was going to watch her die all over again, and he cannot do anything about it.