XX

Altheia sat on the mouth of the cave looking out to the moon, her body covered in bandages. The soreness of her body was nothing to the emptiness she felt within. Now she knew that the kingdom was targeted for a rumoured jewellery of a god, that even she was unsure that it existed.

"Hey, why are you still awake?" Mia's voice made her flinch a bit, the smallest sound now was enough to reignite her fear in her for a bit until she realises she is not a cell anymore.

This did not go past Mia unnoticed, she sat down beside Altheia. They felt the same grief; losing their friends, and being betrayed. In Mia's opinion though Altheia had it worse since she had to watch them die before her eyes.

"Can't sleep, nightmares of what happened keeps on repeating." Altheia sighed as she rubbed her face in frustration. Her dreams seemed like reality, and it was horrifying for her. She'd rather stay awake than be haunted once more.

What Mia did made Altheia flinch and jump as she received a hug from Mia. The act caught her off guard, but soon she melted into the hug feeling her walls crumble down as she melted into the hug. Feeling the urge to cry as she felt safe there.

"Their deaths will not be in vain." Was only what Altheia said as she let go from the affectionate hug. Standing up to go back into the cave, planning how to win back Qaeven in her head.

She had gathered all of them as she drew a map on the floor of the cave. She explained how they would attack Palais du Vitrolly, first needing to gather their allies throughout the kingdom. Looking around as most of them were already there, even representatives from Hopeshire and Reave passed on the message to those within the strongholds.

After hearing the plan they all set out to do their parts. Those whose Identity have not yet been revealed to Myrkur set off to talk to the villages they have saved in the past years to convince them to help spread the word silently about the last living Fridur. Knowing that most were oppressed by Myrkur's men and had grudges after their daughters, sisters and mothers were mostly sold off as slaves when they could not pay the taxes would help them get an idea that they have hopes to live. Seeing as the number of the lower class were greater than that of the higher society, it would help them in their cause.

Those in Hopeshire have started to cut off supplying weapons to the capitol and the other fortresses that weren't under their control. Placing a stop on the merchant's products from arriving, as they held the goods on the ports of Reave Stronghold. Then hiring mercenaries to steal and sabotage the remaining agricultural goods coming from the east. Altheia doing the negotiations promising them to be paid in gold double of their weight or new statuses when they win back the kingdom.

"Everything's going according to plan." Altheia whispered with a serious look on her face. Looking from the window of the town house at the dam that was in control of the Keep.

"Scarcity is making most of the capitol panic. Do we go with phase two?" Grace said as she walked into the room where Altheia was.

Turning back to them looking at the map then back at the dam. Coming up with another idea to force most of the people loyal to Myrkur on their knees to forge an alliance with them. The old noble families have stated support for them as they believe and are loyal to her family. It had been 3 months since they restricted and sabotaged the circulation of goods that went to the capitol and people were starting to choose sides subtly.

She was unsure of what to do anymore as bringing people to their side and sabotaging the capitol to make Myrkur weaker was straining her thoughts. Unable to think of another way to bring them on their knees without endangering anyone had her cornered to a cliff.

The wind blowing into the window nearly flew their maps away. Making her eyes widen as she heard it whisper something. Whipping her head back to see if anyone entered only to see no one.