II

"I wonder what's beyond the wall." Altheia asked while looking down from her window sill.

She could see the bustling streets filled with common folk that were like ants that sprint about during the summer. Autumn wind allows the orange and brown leaves to dance around the town square, bringing in the earthy smell into her room. Closing her eyes and breathing it in before she turned to look at Storm who was sprawled on the ledge of her window enjoying the brush of the cool wind on his fur.

Looking over to her feline who was silently napping on the ledge of the window. She could not explain how she felt as she felt something tugging on her heart. Was it longing? Was it envy? Was it the yearning to watch the clouds as they endlessly passed by while time slowly fades away, or to watch the river flow with no bounds as it runs its course towards the vast ocean.

Sighing, before she placed her hand on top of the tomcat's head and petted it. "You have the freedom to go out and about. I wish I could see the world outside and experience what it's like.

"Why am I talking to a cat again?" Shaking her head in disbelief of her own actions as she pushed herself off the wall and dragged herself to lay down on her bed.

She had pulled a few tricks on people today but just the simple ones since she did not wish to trouble their work. So, now she was left in her room, bored to death with a few hours to spare before the ball began.

"Where do you go to anyways when you disappear from here?" Blurting it out as she felt a light pressure on the bed.

She leaned onto her side as she looked at her cat who simply looked back at her. A small smile creeped up to her face as the cat sprawled onto its back asking for pets. She felt a satisfying feeling as she petted Storm.

"Even though I just randomly saw you in the courtyard before I adopted you, it doesn't mean you can get your paws dirty and hunt dirty rats." Softly scolding Storm, who simply looked back at her with its huge green eyes. Her lips curled up as he looked at her with those eyes, as she melted into spoiling him by patting on his belly and showering the cat with affectionate kisses.

Three sharp taps on the door had pulled her out of her thoughts, causing her to sit up from her bed which had caused her cat to jump out of her bed and hiss at her with the hair on its back standing up. Looking at it with apologetic eyes, before she composed herself to answer the door

"Come in~" Singing it in a melodic tune, when the doors opened the maid's were greeted by her bright smile that could have rivalled the setting sun.

One of the maids came in with a dress, a red gown that had a thin sheen purple fabric on top of it giving a gradient colour in their hand. It had a delicate design that gave the illusion of live lavenders on it, and a few small violet amethyst crystals embroidered onto it. The gown was flowy as the soft ripples the water made when wind blew onto it, the sleeves would hang to her arms as half would flow freely as she walked, giving it a unique and elegant air.

Another was holding the shoes she was going to wear. The shoes were made out of velvet and were purple in color with an intricate design of elegant vines on the side. It was outlined with a metallic gold on the rim and soles of the shoes.

And the third one was holding an opened jewellery box that had a golden moon shaped barrette with chained stars attached to it resting on top of the velvet cushion within.

"Congratulations on the 11th Anniversary of your birth, your highness. Her majesty, the Queen, had this specially gown tailored for today. While Princess Avery had these shoes crafted in the east and Prince Alexis bought this barrette from a kingdom in the south." Her chamber-maid said as she presented the gifts that her family wished for her to wear.