XIX

Althea found herself being dragged through the floor, her legs feeling the hot friction of the concrete floor that nearly decorated her skin with new outlines. Her consciousness going in and out as she let them drag her limp body like a rag doll, before she was aggressively thrown back into the dark shadows of the dungeon, she grunted in pain as she hit the concrete ground. Her body was covered in blooming flowers of violet, green and blue on her limbs. A few of her scars had reopened after being aggressively dragged around. She didn't even have enough strength to curl into a fetal position, since her entire body was sore from the abuse they had been doing to her.

No matter how much she begged and screamed for them to stop, Myrkur just told his men to keep up with the torment when she was unable to give him the answer he wanted. She did not know what the Heart of Raez looked like nor did she know where it was. The angrier he got the more he prolonged her torment.

She could feel herself slowly losing consciousness; feeling weak both mentally, and physically. She could keep fighting if she wanted, her spirit was still strong but it was her body that was giving up with everything happening to her.

While laying down there on the cold hard concrete floor of the cell. She felt as though she was not alone, there was someone else with her. Maybe it was her own delusion because of the pain she was in and the crave for someone to make her feel safe.

She could feel that presence caress her hair, as though cooing her to calm down. It made her feel safe for a second, forgetting she was in a dark dungeon with no escape.

"Little Raccoon, you've been through so much. You should rest." The voice began as it caressed her hair, making her feel warm and safe on the inside. It was a tempting offer, for her to close her eyes and drift into a dream. That's what frightened her; that she were to fall asleep and forget reality because her dreams were much better than what was happening to her at the moment or worst case scenario was that her dreams would just repeat the nightmare she was experiencing as of the moment.

As she closed her eyes and let a single tear fall from her eyes as she wished for this to be over. Before she could fully fall deeper into slumber she was awakened by the sounds of grunts and a body falling on the ground. Opening her eyes forcing herself to sit down curious of what was happening.

"Aella or was it Altheia? Anyways are you there?" Altheia's eyes started to get teary when she heard Mia's voice. At least now she knew they were able to escape and was alive. Crawling towards the bars as she could not find her voice to respond.

Mia looked at her, seeing her state trying not to let pity show in her eyes. Calling out to Ethan to pass her the keys. Then opening the cell as she helped Altheia to her feet. "You look better than I expected. Sorry, We took longer. Where is everyone else?"

Shaking her head as she tried mouthing the words but only air came out of her mouth. Mia understood with that hoarse breathless breath of air as though she felt the pain and anguish from that simple exhale, shaking her head and adjusting her support on Altheia as she assisted her to get out.

"All other cells are empty. She's the only one here." Nixon said as he followed them closely, the others following shortly.

Swallowing hard as Altheia forced her voice to come out, cringing from the pain as her throat was dry. Forcing the formation of saliva before swallowing and whispering. "He killed them, tortured them, then killed them. Luna was working for him all along."

The words made everyone freeze for a moment, due to the information she had just given them. Before they recovered and immediately bounded towards the direction they came from. Waiting by the shadow of one of the pillars waiting for the signal of when they could escape. Hearing the sound of something exploding, as they immediately ran towards the gate that was currently unguarded. Most of the guards have been knocked unconscious.

Entering one of the carts that was horse powered in front, and quickly headed down the mountain. Stopping by a river to ditch the horse and the cart. Going into the river to cover their prints as they walked on the shallow parts. Altheia hissing with the pain of the freezing cold water to her wounds, almost hindering her movement. Stopping to cross the river, walking once more on the snow covered path, one staying behind to hide their prints. Altheia could barely keep her eyes open as they continued to walk, at one point Ethan had to carry her as Mia could no longer support her weight.

They reached a cave that was deep within the forest in this part of the mountain. Entering the cave, setting Altheia down near the fire as they wrapped her in cloth to warm her up as she shivered from the cold.

"We only got separated for one mission and here you are on the verge of death again." The soft voice made her eyes shoot open as she saw Sandra. She had missed Sandra so much as she was like a mother to her since she joined the Azaleas. Ignoring her pain as she sat up to hug Sandra who returned the gesture, consoling Altheia as she cried at the thought that her wish of the nightmares to stop came true.

"There there, now lay back down so I can treat you." Sandra patted her as she assisted her to lay down again, checking all her bruises and wounds. Treating her bigger wounds that were still open and bleeding a bit.

"Good to see you still alive, your highness." Grace's raspy voice came, Altheia tried to look for her but she earned a light tap from her side to lay still.

"Please don't call me that, I am no princess in reality. I could not even protect my people or start something like the Azaleas to fight against Myrkur." She whispered softly, as she closed her eyes in pain as Aide treated her twisted ankle.

Grace came to light and stood by her head. Looking at her before smiling a gentle smile. "You were young back when me and Sandra saw you in the cave in Midree woods. Small, young and scared. I understand how that felt, but you did contribute a lot to the cause. You are still the remaining hope of the people for us to win this fight."

She looked away as she could not accept that and still blamed herself for how her comrades had died in the cellar with her. Grace saw the look and sighed. "The only shameful thing to do now is give up the fight and wait for them to capture us."

Remembering everything that had happened within the cellars. The countless screams of anguish as her comrades and friends were made to suffer.

Sitting up as fighting the pain she felt, having a new flame reignite in her eyes. She'll end this once and for all. No more hiding, no more fears and second thoughts. She wants revenge but she'll have to win the kingdom back first now that she was given a second chance with life.

Andgiet Scinn: Oneirophobiaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें