1

Today was the first game of the new season and I was so excited. We were currently in the gym setting up the net and getting the balls out. "Y/n" I hear someone call my name. I turn around seeing my sister walk into the gym. "Hey Ice" I smile running up to her. "You excited?" She asks smiling back. My sister probably was my biggest supporters next to our parents. "Yeah, but I'm really sad" I shrug. "Today's my last first game" I say making her pat my shoulder. "Which means you have to go out there and kill it" she says making me smile.

"You're going to be watching right? " I ask. "I actually will be here to watch this time, coach is letting us end practice early so we can all be there for the game" she says making me excited. "Anyway I'll be back when the game starts, I think your teammates would like you to get back over there" she says pointing behind me. I turn around to see Tatum and Karly standing with their hands on their hips looking at me. I roll my eyes saying bye to my sister before running back to where they were standing.

"I love how Captain is over there chopping it up with her sister instead of out here helping us put up this net" Tatum jokes making Karly laugh. "I bet you'd also love a few laps around the gym" I say making them both stop laughing. "That's what I thought" I smile.

Once the net is up we run through a few drills waiting on the other team to arrive. "Okay everyone bring it in" Coach calls out. We all make our way to the center of the court as coach starts talking. "Tonight I want you each to play like it's your last, It's the start of the season so we need to start of with a bang" Coach says making us all nod. "Seniors, this is your last first game how are you feeling?" Coach asks. There were currently 3 seniors on our team, Me, Olivia and Karly.

Everyone looks our direction. "I'm feeling good, kinda sad though" Liv smiles. Karly nods in agreement. I'm glad I wasn't the only sad one. I feel tears brimming at the corners of my eyes. "Aww Y/n it's gonna be okay" Tatum says wrapping her arms around me. "I've just been through so much with you guys, it's kinda sad to be leaving." I say trying not to get choked up. My teammates all lean in hugging me. "Geez don't make me cry too" Coach says making us all laugh. "Let's break so you girls can take a break before the match starts" coach says.

We all pull apart. "Seniors" coach says signaling for us to break. "Huskies on three,

1!

2!

3!

Huskies! We all yell breaking apart.

" You're such a cry baby" Karly teases wrapping her arm around my neck. "Am not" I sniffle. "Are too" Tatum says walking next to us. "Am not" I whine making them laugh. "You're sister and your parents are sitting over there" Tatum says pointing to the stands. "I'll be right back" I say running over to them.

My dad gets up pulling me into a hug followed my mom. "I told y'all she cried" my sister says. "Its okay she's our little cry baby" my mom says smoothing down my hair. "Karly said the same thing" I frown making them laugh. "I hope your ready to do your best" my dad says making me smile. "Will do old man" I smile running off. I could hear him laughing at the nickname as I made my way across the gym towards the locker room.

"5 minutes till game time" I sigh sitting down on one of the benches. "I'm hungry" Karly groans rubbing her belly. "You're always hungry" Liv says laughing. Karly gets up hitting Olivia's head.

We all walk out the gym heading to the side of the court. All of the starters go ahead and take their places on the court. The announcer begins announcing everyone's numbers and their positions. When my name and number are called I smiled as my sister and my parents cheered obnoxiously loud. Tatum laughs at my facial expression. "At least they love you" she says through her laughter.

Once the match started we ended up taking a two point lead almost instantly. "Y/n" Tatum calls my name setting the ball in my direction. Liv jumps up faking out the opponent, while they were distracted I spike the ball scoring another point. We all smile giving each other high fives. We rotate, the ball now in our possession.

Jasmine served the ball, DePaul's Libero successfully receives the ball sending it back over the net. Liv goes to block it but it grazes her finger tips. "1" she yells out. Karly dives for the ball getting it back in the air, "2" she yells out. I was too far away from the ball so Isabella jumps successfully getting the ball back over the net.

The rally continued to go on for a while, neither team was letting the ball touch the ground. The ball starts coming into my direction I jump up to spike it crashing into Elizabeth who was doing the same. I fall to the ground, my ankle bending in an awkward direction causing me to yell in pain. Everyone stops moving as coach rushes onto the court realizing I wasn't getting up.

I think I was more embarrassed than actually hurt. Of course I was in excruciating pain but the fact I was just laying on the court made it worse. Coach helps me sit up before asking what's wrong. "When I came down I felt my ankle twist and it hurts so bad" I say nearly in tears. She calls over the medic.

Out the corner of my eye I see my sister walking over. They help me up leading me over to one of the chairs. "Scale of 1-10 how bad does it hurt" the medic asks. "10" I felt my lip quiver. Ice sat next to me holding my hand. "Can you try to move it" she asks. I shake my head no. "I have a good feeling you sprained it, let's hope you didn't tear anything" the medic says getting up.

My ankle rested in a bucket of ice for the rest of the game. Ice sat next to me on the bench the whole time. I didn't want to cry but I couldn't help it. "I'm probably going to be out for the rest of August and all of September" I mumble feeling a tear roll down my cheek. "You're gonna be okay" Ice says doing her best to make me feel better. "You remember last season when my teamate Paige tore her ACL? At least you wont have to sit out a full season like she did" Ice says making me laugh. "You throwing her under the bus like that is crazy" I say trying to contain my laughter.

We ended up winning three sets so we didn't play the last two. Even though I wasn't able to play for long I was so excited the team managed to pull off such an amazing win for the first game.

Uconnvball

Liked by: TheBetterBrady_ and 3,874 othersUconnvball: It was a great night for the Huskies as they took home a win against DePaul! 💙#gohuskies

Uconnvball: It was a great night for the Huskies as they took home a win against DePaul! 💙
#gohuskies

————————————
herslvtspeaks 🕺🏾

if you're here from tumblr hi 🙋🏾‍♀️ and if your not hi again 🦕
this is chapter one so i hope you guys enjoyed it 🩷 also don't be afraid to like and comment cs like i gotta know y'all are actually liking the story thanks 🌚