12

Now that me and Paige are no longer not speaking life's been great. It's been 5 weeks since i injured myself and 4 weeks of me and Paige being friends.

Today me, Paige, Azzi and Karly decided it would be fun to go to the gym and work out but Paige decided to get a little too cocky. She really thought she could play volleyball because in her exact words; "I'm 6'0 on a good day don't think you're better than me,"

"I never said i was better than you, but if you really think you can play volleyball then i can play basketball" i shrug. And that's where the challenge began.

Azzi started teaching me the basics when it came to basketball while Karly taught Paige the basics for volleyball. I'll admit, Paige wasn't completely hopeless but neither was I and i refuse to let Paige Bueckers think she was better than me. It takes more than just height to be able to play volleyball. "How's it going over there Brady?" Paige calls out from by the net. I roll my eyes going back to what i was doing. I was not about to feed into this girls bullshit today.

"What's going on" Ice asks walking into the gym. "Your sister and Paige are going at it to see who's better at each others sport" Karly sighs. "It's actually very dumb" Azzi shakes her head. I continue to dribble the ball up and down the court making sure i show off a bit to annoy Paige. There wasn't much to show off, i was just doing stuff Ice and Isaiah had taught me when we were younger. My parents raised 4 athletes we were bound to learn something from each other.

We practice for a few more minutes before calling it quits. "Okay Brady show me what you got. First person to three baskets wins" Paige says. "Lady's first" i say tossing her the ball. "You think you're funny" Paige rolls her eyes. She checks the ball before going straight for the basket to make a layup catching me off guard.

"Don't make it easy for me Brady" She says making the shot. "Blah blah blah" i mock her as i grab the ball from her. I knew there was no chance of me scoring right underneath the basket not with her guarding me. She actually knows what she's doing that's the difference between us. I just take my chances shooting the ball mid range, we both watch as it spins around the rim before going in.

I smile doing my little dance. "I let you do that" Paige rolls her eyes. "Whatever you say Bueckers" I laugh. We keep going, like i said before i wasn't completely hopeless. Besides i'm going up against THE Paige Bueckers and i was actually able to keep up this is an accomplishment on its own.

By now i was tired and starting to sweat more than i'd like to admit. I signed up to workout with Paige NOT to play her in a one on one basketball game. "Don't tell me you're getting tired Brady" Paige teases after making another layup.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. "You win Bueckers, now it's my turn" I say making her laugh a little. I didn't understand what was funny. "I beat you in basketball i can beat you in volleyball too" she says, this time it was my turn to laugh. "Yeah Yeah whatever you say" i wave her off.

"There's no way you could beat me in my own element" I smile. Even though me and paige were currently "competing" i didn't mind this at all. I was actually enjoying it. "You can talk but can you back it up" she says. "You're definitely one to talk but okay" I say.

-----

Herslvtspeaks 🕺🏾

i'm not even gone lie if yall wanna beat my ass abt this book go right ahead in my defense im a student first ‼️‼️‼️ education before all

i also take 1 writing class and 2 literature classes this semester so i feel like that's been holding me from writing a lot cs that's really all i do everyday all day.

anyway i'll be updating when i can, stay safe 😘