14

Me and Carlos have been hanging out all day. We had a lot of catching up to do considering i haven't seen him since my trip to Cali a month and a half ago.

Right now he was telling me about this guys he was dating back home. Carlos's love life was definitely something so whenever we talked there was always something new. His love life is part of the reason he's always getting into trouble. "But yeah, then he was all like 'we can be friends with benefits' as if that were any better" Carlos says rolling is eyes. Honestly in the nicest way possible I had my own love issues and could care less what was going on with him and his many men, but this is my friend...so i'm going to stick beside him.

"That's crazy bro" I respond. "You don't look like you're interested in this" he says picking up on the vibe. "Well enough about me let's talk about you lover girl" he smiles teasingly. "Oh there's nothing over here" i say making him side eye me. "Oh there definitely is, i be seeing those comments on instagram" he says making me blush a little bit. Me and Paige did get a little carried away under each others posts sometimes. "Yeah now speak up" he says poking my arm. "Fine" i sigh.

"Im literally crazy over her, she's just so pretty and so talented and so so so very attractive" I say making Carlos smile. "I've never seen you talk about anyone like this in the whole 19 years i've known you" he responds. I never really had crushes and if i did they weren't to this extent that's for sure. "I don't know what else to say bro, she's just amazing" i say with stars in my eyes. "Oh you're in deep boo" he laughs. "I don't think i'll ask her out though, she's literally so amazing i'm scared" i admit making him laugh a little.

"You better do it before someone else does" he comments. I don't really think nothing of it. We continue to talk about my crush on Paige until he decides to ask a question i wasn't ready for. "Do you know what her type is" he asks.

I could feel my face turn red. "Well no" i mumble, did that even matter? "what if you're not her type" he suggests. "Carlos why would you say that" i ask genuinely confused. "It's just a thought you never know" he shrugs. The silence between us was loud after that until he changed the subject, but somehow not even a full 10 minutes later he brought up Paige again.

"You should be careful, Paige looks like she has a lot of people after her" he says making me confused. "There could be someone else already in the picture if you catch my drift" he continues. I just give him a puzzled look not responding. That comment was completely and utterly unnecessary.

---
After lunch we went to the art museum for a little while. It honestly was so fun, Carlos didn't mention Paige again and I guess i was tolerating listening to his many many stories about the men in california. I ended up taking a few photos before Carlos dropped me off back at my apartment. I invited him to stay a while, Tatum said he could come over she would just ignore his presence the whole time.

"This is so you girl" Carlos says stepping inside the apartment. "Thank you thank you" i say closing and locking the door behind me. We sit on the couch and start talking a little more. Tatum was shelled up in her room because in her words "if me and Carlos cross paths it won't be nice" which was exactly what she meant. She made sure she didn't see him whatsoever in order to keep the peace.

"I showed my friend this picture of Paige and she said she was hot" Carlos says making me look at him. "Why would you do that" i ask. "Oh, she just wanted to see if i  could put her on someone" he says ever so calmly. Out of all the other girls in the world....He chose Paige. He knows how much i like her, hell he's literally been interrogating me about her all day just to say he's trying to hook her up with one of his friends? "Carlos what the actual fuck" I say getting up from the couch. "Y/n chill you said yourself you're not going to ask her out" he says. "Yeah but that doesn't mean try to hook her up with other girls" I yell. "You're supposed to be my friend why the fuck do you think it's okay to do something like that" this boy has lost his damn mind. Seriously.

"I don't see why you're yelling at me" he says now also standing. I look him in his eyes, trying to figure out what the hell is actually going on right now. "Carlos you can't be serious" I reply. "I think i'm just going to go" he says grabbing his stuff and walking out. "What the actual fuck just happened" i say aloud as i sit back down on the couch. I sit in silence trying to process it all. There's no way one of my closest friends just tried to set up the girl i like with one of his other friends. It's literally insane.