8

This vacation was going amazing! Note the sarcasm. How in the flying FUCK did i manage to not only lose my wallet but drop my phone in the ocean all in one day. What's next? My foot falls off!? I was currently sitting on my bed thinking about what i was going to do. We had two more days in Cali and i was not about to cut our trip home short because i'm clumsy. On top of that my ankle is starting to ache from all the moving i've been doing for the last few days.

"Y/n" my mom calls out pushing open the door a little. "We made your favorite, hopefully it makes you feel just a little better" she says. I sigh, it was the effort that counted. I don't think i was going to feel better until i got to back to uconn and could get my phone fixed, also order replacements for ALL of my cards. I make my way to the kitchen sitting at the counter. "Your sister is out on the beach playing volleyball, that's if you want to go watch" My dad says noticing the frustrated look on my face. "Edward!" my mom says hitting his arm. I already knew what she was hinting at. I didn't need them to feel pity for me. I wanted to act like this injury wasn't holding me back but in all honesty it was. "Mom it's fine, i'm just going to eat and go to sleep" I say taking my plate back into my room. "Thanks" i mumble before getting up. I already knew she was going to ask if i needed help carrying my plate but i chose to ignore her.

I was still me, what do these people not understand? I'm still the same Y/n, only difference is now i'm on crutches. I knew exactly who i needed to talk to, but looks like that wouldn't be possible considering i don't have my phone and Ice isn't here right now. Once i finish eating i get comfortable going to sleep.

Meanwhile at Uconn

"I've texted her three times" Paige says dropping her head on the table with a loud thud. "She's with her family, she's probably busy" Azzi says trying to reason with her friend but Paige wasn't listening. Paige hasn't heard from you since the Friday you left when she commented on your instagram post. Realistically she could've just texted your sister and ask if you were okay but that would just make her even more upset if she knew you weren't doing anything and you still hadn't responded to her messages. Azzi wanted to get Paige to see how insane she was right now. Anyone would be mad, but thinking about the current circumstances and the difference in time zones there were probably many reasons why you couldn't respond. Never would they have guessed it was because you dropped your phone in the ocean.

Your pov

I woke up with the meanest headache known to man. "Can my luck get any worse" I groan. I want to cry, maybe if i cried it will all feel better. "Y/N" Isla yells banging on my door. "What" i groan trying not to be too loud. She opens the door, laptop in hand. "Watch Barbie with me and Ice, you can't say no"

"Isla i'm not in the mood" i say turning my back to her. "Okay but i didn't ask" she states before jumping on my bed, Ice soon following her. Why they wanted to bother me right now of all times? No clue. I had no choice but to lay in bed accompanied by my two sisters as we watched barbie movies back to back. I can't lie, it was fun. I never really got the time to relax like this especially with family because of volleyball and school and also the fact i'm literally across the country in Connecticut.

Soon we started talking, the movie long forgotten. "What's uconn like?" Isla asks. We didn't know if the question was directed at me or Ice so she answered first. "It's really nice, i've been having fun" Ice says making me nod in agreement. "Yeah, it's amazing honestly. Especially if you're really involved on campus" i say. "I asked because mom wanted me and Isaiah to both commit to uconn, so in her words we could 'follow after our sisters'." she says, in all honesty that sounds just like our mom. "I say don't commit just cause mom wants you too. Me and Ice both committed to Uconn for our own reasons. I committed for academics. Ice committed for basketball" I say. Volleyball was always a bonus when it came to school, yes i was an amazing player all throughout highschool but when it came to college my studies came first. Volleyball is life but in this day and age it doesn't necessarily get you far.

Isla looks like she's deep in thought for a moment. "Isaiah said he wanted to go to Uconn for basketball, i don't know what i want to do in college at all" she complains. "What about gymnastics?" Ice asks. "I don't think i want to do gymnastics anymore, or any sport really." she answers. Her face started to frown up. "Is it because of when you tore your mcl?" I ask. One thing about the Brady's- we're always injured. I tore my acl for the first time my sophmore year of highschool then again my senior year and i wasn't expected to play again. Ice had surgery on her knee last year and at the same time she was having surgery Isla tore her Mcl and ended up with a concussion. Isaiah broke his nose and ended up with three missing teeth after a mishap on the soccer field his freshman year.

You would think by now our parents would encourage us to not play any sports but that has yet to happen. Our insurance goes crazy in my opinion because at least one of us is in and out the hospital every year. "You want my honest opinion, getting hurt is worth it" Ice says. To any one who wasn't an athlete that sounded crazy but she was right. "So many athletes get hurt, especially at Uconn. But it's when you get to step foot on the court, or on the mat or on the field again that makes all that hard work and time worth it." I say. I can't lie- i'm starting to sound like Paige and i don't know how i feel about it. I wonder what she's up to.

After a little more convincing we talked Isla into sticking with gymnastics. The talk we had couldn't help but leave me itching to get back on the court. I knew it would take time, but the day i step back on that court would be the day i became a new person.

----
Herslvt Speaks 🕺🏾

omg hey 🌚 i don't have much to say but i hope y'all liked my word of inspiration 😜 i pulled them right out of my thinking cap 🫵🏾