Ch.28 Birthday

***UNEDITED

Who actually reads the A/N at the end?

Remy could feel the guilt slowly arise within his body. It was his fault, his mate was unhappy. It was his fault Genevieve couldn't give birth to any of their future children. He thought of possible ways she could give to birth to at least one of their future children, but it just didn't seem doable. Remy wasn't going to lose Genevieve when they still had the option to adopt.

Remy glanced at the time once again, his frown deepening.

Happy birthday to me, he thought to himself frustrated.

.

..

.

Remy was tired of looking at the blank ceiling and decided to go downstairs into the kitchen. Through the mate bond he could feel that Genevieve had fallen asleep not too long ago.

Remy was silent as he made his way down the down the wooden stairs and into the kitchen. His eyes adjusted rather quickly to the darkness.

He walked over to the double door refrigerator, glancing  in the freezer first and then the main part. Remy scanned all the food, with a grim look on his face. Sighing he pulled out the blue berry muffins that were covered with plastic wrap.

After putting two on his plate, he sat down and began to eat the sweet treat. His thoughts wondered off to Genevieve and how he could have handled the situation better.

He could see and understand where Genevieve was coming from. Yeah, she was his mate, and she had the right to bare children. Remy knew that most women would even prefer baring their own children.  He wanted that for Genevieve, for her to give birth to their children. But in all honesty, he couldn't allow it.

Genevieve meant everything to him, more than the thought of possible little hybrids. He couldn't let her go through something so dangerous. Genevieve didn't understand yet, but Remy had to explain it to her. The process was so much more risky and dangerous than any other pregnancy.

Their chances of having babies and nothing going wrong was very slim to non existent. Remy wasn't going to get her pregnant, when he didn't know for a fact, if she would still be alive to raise their child with him.

Not only would the birth be difficult but the whole time she'd be carrying that child. Anything could go wrong in those seven months. Genevieve would have to be so careful and limited to daily activities.  Added she would have to provide the baby with fresh blood as a big part of  their nutrition. 

There was also the possibility of the baby feeding off of Genevieve, which would kill her in the long run. Or the baby could get too big for Genevieve's body, which would result in an early delivery. Remy was huge when he was born and now stood at a massive height of 6'8. 

Then their were complications after birth. The baby would attract danger, because of the new power source. Remy would have to teach him or her how to live with both supernatural sides. Problems would just follow them up until their child was an adult.  If Genevieve and said baby made it through delivery healthy and fine, Genevieve would have to be willing to make major life changes.

...

A small hand touched Remy's back, making him flinch. He turned around with a small smile on his face. "Shouldn't you be in bed, munchkin?"