Ch.10 Signs Of Love

A long awaited chapter #Avadox

See the flames inside my eyes

It burns so bright I wanna' feel your love

Easy baby maybe I'm a liar

But for tonight I wanna' fall in love

**** DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!***

"We should do something crazy for your birthday. Maybe we could ..." Maddox continued to halfheartedly listen to Sara ramble over the phone, while typing away on a email for her dad.

"Sure."

Sara had gone back home just a few days ago and truthfully Maddox missed her. She was entertaining and with Remy and Genevieve gone for the weekend Maddox was in charge of the alpha duties, which involved a lot of office work.

But with all the paper work it was easy for Maddox to avoid Ava and Sebastian. They hadn't seen each other since the whole ordeal a week ago. Maddox didn't regret his actions, but he had wished for Ava to finally see the truth. How could she not? Or maybe she just didn't want to risk a happy relationship for something Maddox said he couldn't give her.

At the moment Maddox was kind of over the whole thing about being the next alpha. He wanted Ava and she'd be blind if she couldn't tell, so truthfully it was up to her. Would she drop Sebastian and give her and Maddox a chance, or would she continue to live in her oblivious world?

"... I've got to go. I'll call you tomorrow Max."

"Bye Sara." Maddox replied, completely focused on the email.

✗ ✘  ✗ ✘

It was nearing midnight when Maddox heard the doorbell ring. After pulling on some sweats, he jogged down the stairs and pulled the door open, just as the person rung the doorbell once more.

Standing there was Ava, cheeks rosy and eyes dark blue.

She was sad.

Without looking up at Maddox, Ava spoke quietly. "Sebastian's grandfather passed. I'm driving back to Bakersfield with him. Dad said to let you know we'll be gone."

"I'm sorry. " Maddox said, and the second the words passed his lips, Ava looked up.

Their eyes met and this time there was no denying they were mates. Maddox's eyes went from their usual hazel to a prominent bright violet.

Maddox didn't have to remember that he forgot to put in the contacts, because he could see his new eyes reflecting in Ava's shocked ones.

Nearly forgetting reality, they were thrown into some of the best moments of their past together.  The obvious signs of their true bond.

"Daddy, can you put my hair in a messy bun?" Ava asked, barging into the bedroom of her parents. "Maddox likes it best in a messy bun."

Remy glanced at his daughter, eyebrows raised, but nonetheless he signaled for her to stand between his legs. "You should wear your hair however you want to."

Ava held onto her father's knees as he pulled her blonde curls into a messy bun. "I do want to wear my hair in a messy bun."

"Because Maddox likes it best that way?" Remy asked rhetorically, while rolling his eyes at his six year old daughter.

"Obviously." Ava said seriously, while looking at her father's work in the mirror. Satisfied with the messy bun, Ava kissed her father's cheek and made her way to the door.  "Mama said to help her in the kitchen or else she won't give you your present."

Remy jumped off the bed and lifted Ava into his arms as he leaped down the stairs, making the girl giggle. Setting her down in the living room with her brothers, Remy hurried into the kitchen.

Ava looked out the living room window, searching for one specific person. When she seen him walking up the driveway, Ava grabbed his present and ran to the door.

After greeting Maddox, Ava invited him into her bedroom. They sat on her purple carpet, seconds from exchanging gifts.

Ava gave him his gift first. It was an old watch from her grandfather, too big for Maddox's small wrist but it was the thought that counted. He had wanted a watch for the longest time.

Maddox gave Ava a shiny necklace with a snowflake pendant. "You're my snowflake." 

Kissing her icy cold, but rosy cheek he helped her put the necklace on, before they got called downstairs for Christmas lunch.

***

Ava sat across from Maddox on the old carpet of their treehouse. They were playing a game of UNO when Ava suddenly stopped playing. Maddox glanced at her worriedly, before letting out a relieved sigh when Ava looked up at him and smiled.

"I don't want to play anymore." Ava said, gathering the cards and tucking them into her small bag.

"What's wrong?" Maddox asked quietly, studying Ava with curious eyes.

"The game is making you nervous. I can hear your heart beating really fast."

Maddox blushed, scratching the back of his neck. Ava had that affect on him. His heart would always race around her, beat twice as fast when she smiled at him, or even looked at him.

"Can I ... touch." Ava asked, blushing herself as she scooted closer to Maddox.

Maddox nodded, and kind off glad they were in their swimsuits, because that made her whole request easier.

Ava leaned into Maddox and placed her cold hand over his racing heart. Her fingers pressed gently into his warm skin, making goosebumps rise on his arms. His breath was coming out in small pants as he enjoyed the intimate moment between Ava and himself.

"It's beautiful." Ava whispered, pressing her lips over his chest.

That afternoon Ava and Maddox spent their afternoon up in the treehouse. Ava laid horizontally across from Maddox, her head on his chest as she listened to the peaceful beating of his heart.

The truth was out and now there was no more hiding from the bond they shared.  Either they acknowledged the bond or they separated completely and that forever.

The connection was obvious and Maddox wanted nothing more than to grab Ava by the waist and kiss her senseless and tell her how he had fucked up by not telling her, showing her sooner. But now with his truth bared, Ava had to make the decision.  Either take Maddox and what he was offering or a plastic version of love with Sebastian.

"I ... I have t-to go." Ava stuttered, before turning around with speed and running from her true mate.

_______

Short but effective ()*:・゚

I've tried making chapters longer, but whatevs. Get used to short chapters for this story. I added a new twist to the story, because originally I was going to kill off a character again, but nope not this time.

The truth is out there. Now what?

What is Ava doing? Who can understand her decision?

Sara is a LESBIAN!!! Her and Maddox will never be anything besides a ship that will never sail.

Best Feedback gets a dedication!!!

Avadox Or Avastian