Ch.3 Balls Off

IMPORTANT A/N:  Remy & Genevieve adopted three boys. There were so many comments about this in the previous chapter. All I can say is ADOPTION! It is not impossible to adopt a child older than your first born ....

Ava and Maddox are in no way related, he was not adopted and they didn't have the kind of relationship either (that was only in the one shot) . If you see a comment where a user asks about their relationship etc. tag me so I can reply faster. Do not reply if you are not completely sure, it confuses the user and often me.

_____RANT OVER _____

But I like to keep some things to myself

I like to keep my issues drawn

It's always darkest before the dawn

_________

"Get you fucking hands off my daughter!" Remy growled, as soon as he stepped into the room.

Sebastian nearly jumped out of his chair at the sound of the man's voice. He scrambled off the chair and into a standing position, a wobbly smile on his face.

Remy stood a foot away from him, assessing his daughter's boyfriend.  Sebastian stood still,  trying to ignore Remy's sharp fangs, his pitch black eyes and the way the man stared at him like wild wolf. The room was silent Maddox and Ava both knowing better than to interrupt Remy.

A soft hand was laid upon Remy's tense back, releasing the tension in his body. An action that was only successful when done by his mate, Genevieve.

Sebastian took the moment to introduce himself to the tall man. "I'm Sebastian Knight, nice to meet you Mr. Monroe."

Remy grunted, but shook the boy's hand, perhaps with too much strength as the boy tried not to cringe.

"You may be Ava's boyfriend, but you will not put your hands on her in any way other than friendly. If I catch you sticking your tongue down her throat again, I'll chop off your balls and feed them to my dogs." Remy replied, staring the boy down. "Welcome to my home."

Sebastian didn't know how to respond, but he didn't have to because Remy stepped around him and engulfed his daughter in a big hug. He shared quiet words with his daughter, before kissing her forehead.

Remy was halfway out of the kitchen, when he glanced back into the room. "Maddox."

Maddox could tell by his tone that the alpha was not pleased with the arrival of Sebastian. He didn't want to anger the man more, so he quickly followed Remy out of the kitchen and into Remy's office.

Remy sat down behind his desk and Maddox took a seat on the other side of it. Just as Remy was about to open his mouth, a soft knock came, before Genevieve quietly walked into the room. Remy smiled at his mate, and pulled her on his lap, his hands on her waist.

"Should I come back?" Maddox asked, not really wanting to see the similar bond he could have with Ava. If only it weren't for his position in the pack, her heritage, and ... Sebastian.

"No." Remy replied. "I want you to take that horndog to the gym tomorrow. See what he's capable of, test his limits and don't go easy on him. If he want's to date my daughter he needs to be able to protect her."

Maddox resisted the urge to groan out loud. Not only did he have to watch the teenage boy with his mate, now he also had to spend time with him.  But for now Maddox would follow Remy's request. Maddox wanted his rightful rank in the pack and Remy was willing to give him the alpha position, but first Remy wanted to get to know Maddox again, teach Maddox everything he needed to know before taking on the pack. 

Maddox was aware of the consequences if anyone found out that Ava and him were destined mates. Not only would they be looked down on, but Remy wouldn't give him the alpha position. Luna's were always targeted for kidnaps, threats and attacks because they were the true weakness of any alpha male.

Remy would never put Ava in the position. Him and his mate had been a different situation. Genevieve was completely human, Ava was not.  Even though Ava was just one of Remy's four children, she was still the biggest target. She carried the hybrid gene and was the only true heir to Remy.

If there wasn't a target on her back already, there would be if she was ranked Luna.

Maddox was convinced the pack would look down on him if he acknowledged Ava as his mate. His only family member Lydia, had already seen him as a disgrace years ago, told him his parents probably turned over in their grave at their sons behavior. He couldn't disappoint them or the pack even further by acting upon those feelings.

Over the years of Maddox's life, he had truly lost everything and now he was back to claim the one thing that belonged to him.

Maddox was the next alpha.

_________

Maddox blinked a few times, his eyes accommodating the new contacts that resembled his hazel eyes. He stared into the small mirror of the bathroom that connected to his old childhood bedroom. He was staying in his old house, and wasn't surprised to see Lydia had packed up all his belongings.

Lydia, the old bat had passed away a few months ago, but Maddox wasn't as affected as he thought he'd be loosing his last family member. The old house now belonged to him and everything within it.

Maddox thought about Ava, the touch of her fingers, they way she had explored the scars on his arms and hands with gentleness, the feeling of completeness she had given him years ago. Her long blond curls, her pale skin, bright rosy cheeks and soft violet eyes that conveyed innocence.

The small burning sensation took over, as Maddox's irises changed color beneath the contacts. Maddox glanced in the mirror and luckily only his hazel eyes were visible. The contacts were uncomfortable, but they would work.

With a small sigh, Maddox stripped naked and stepped into the small shower. The cold water drops caressed his warm skin, trailing down the tattoos that were inked onto his scarred skin that lay above his toned muscles.

He had gotten his first tattoo three years ago and from there on he had gotten more, mostly to cover the ugly scars. His back was covered with inked art, as well as his arms, his neck, his upper chest, his ribcage and the top of his hands.

From afar the scars were not visible, but up close the damaged skin was very noticeable.

The ropes were rough against the sensitive skin of his wrist, and with every small movement they pinched the raw and bloody skin. The cold air brushed against the lacerations on his body, making the sting of the open wounds worse.

Maddox whimpered at the sound of the creaking steps that led down to the basement were he was being held. No words were uttered and seconds later the sound of the whip could be heard, as it swung through the stuffy air and smacked against Maddox's limp body. The sting of the silver laced tip added to the pain, the poison seeping into his open wounds.

Strike after strike was directed on the young boy, and hot tears poured from his cheeks and blood dribbled from his raw bitten lip. He prayed this time she wouldn't strike him below the waist, he couldn't endure too much more pain or blood loss.

________

Poor Maddox :( Next chapter will get to know Sebastian a little better and Maddox is furious with Ava!

I'll be updating tomorrow ;