The Final Puzzle Piece

*UNEDITED*

SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS!!!

Dedication to all the fans. Thank you so much for the support. I'm truly grateful!!

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears

And I held your hand through all of these years

..

Two weeks later ...

Remy never believed in life after death, but for her he wanted to. He wanted her to feel protected, to feel safe even though he couldn't do that for her anymore. Remy wanted her to know that he'd never forget her, that he loved her so much. His heart ached for her.

The cold evening wind caressed Remy's skin, as he kneeled in front of the tombstone. He traced the engraved words with the tips of his fingers, like he had done the morning before.

She didn't deserve an end like the one she had received. It wasn't her time and things didn't just happen for a reason! No matter what anyone said, Remy knew she had had so many years in front of her. If there was a god, how could he have done this to her?

Remy hadn't been at the funeral. He didn't want to.

He was passed the five stages of grief, but he couldn't just continue his life as if she had never been a part of it. She made Remy feel human, she made him happy.

She had the biggest smile Remy had ever seen. She had eyes that shined with happiness, like the last time he had seen her. Despite the pain, she never failed to have a smile on her face. She was just a ball of happiness.

Remy placed the purple tulips on her grave. Purple and Pink tulips had been her favorite combination, despite her favorite flower being daisy.

Remy didn't know if it was normal, but now that she was dead he seemed to notice the tiniest thing about her. For example, she didn't like tomatoes but loved ketchup, or the fact that she loved cats but preferred to have a dog.

It was silly things like that, that made her who she was. Somebody Remy loved with all his heart, somebody Remy would never forget.

Remy reached into his bag and pulled out the one item he wanted to keep. Just touching that one item brought back so many memories.

Remy wished he could have spent more time with her. What he wouldn't give to hold her in his arms, one more time.

Remy sat on the cold ground and flipped the old book opened. The words were embedded into his brain. But he'd gladly take an hour every week to come see her, almost like he had done before she passed away.

" ... And they lived happily ever after." Remy tucked the children's book back into his bag.

He sat there for a few minutes, just staring at the words on the tombstone.

Mary-Jane Black

Adored Daughter, Sister, best friend

Always in our hearts

Remy didn't understand. She had had a minor cold, nothing to worry about. He had left her bedroom that night, with the thought that he'd see her the following week.

Mary Jane had been driven to the hospital in an ambulance, with severe symptoms of Pneumonia, dying just hours later. Caroline had called him the same night his beautiful daughter was born.

It was truly twisted; a new person arriving on  earth just for one to leave. Even more messed up, was the fact that his daughter looked a lot like Mary Jane.