Ch.33 Nosebleeds

***UNEDITED + ALL ABOARD THE FEELS TRAIN!!!! CAUTION: REMY IS BACK!!!!****

"There's more. Do you want to know or do you want to wait for Remy?" Levi asked, feeling sorry for his close friend Remy and Genevieve.

"Tell me." Genevieve said, her eyes dull as she watched the large raven in the tree outside of her window.

"I got your blood work back from yesterday. Your WBC is elevated but, that's due to the head injury you sustained. Your HCG count was also elevated, meaning you are pregnant."

*** Chapter has a little medical information as well as overall information. If you don't understand something just comment & I'll try to explain.*** I'm posting the cover for book two when I update next time!

Genevieve's heart skipped a beat, fear gripping it to no end. "I ...  I  can't be p-pregnant, Levi."

Levi's hazel eyes showed sympathy, his lips in a thin line. "The blood results are more accurate than any other pregnancy test."

Genevieve closed her eyes tightly, unconsciously her hand moved to her lower stomach, gently pressing against the place where a new life was growing.

"Naturally you have options. You can keep the baby, whether it's Remy's child or not. There's always adoption or abortion. You do-"

"No." Genevieve almost glared at Levi. "I will n-not have an a-abortion."

Levi mentally smiled. He had a feeling that terminating the pregnancy was the last thing Genevieve would do. "It's your choice. You don't have to decide right now but you should think about the other two options. As well as talking to Remy about your decision. If you don't have anymore questions, I'll leave you to think about everything."

"Will ... w-will he know?" Genevieve asked, her lips trembling as she referred to her mate.

"Not necessarily." Levi began, as he placed Gen's chart back onto her dresser. "Is there a possibility that the baby could be his?"

Despite just how scared Genevieve was, her cheeks got warm as she looked away. "How common is it, for a woman to get pregnant even after using condoms?"

"Realistically seen, condoms are 85%  of the time effective, meaning an average of fifteen woman out of hundred get pregnant when using condoms every year. It rises with the count of times you have sex, so to say you could in fact be carrying Remy's child." Levi began to explain.  "If you are carrying his child, then a heartbeat should be heard around the third to fourth week of the pregnancy. Remy would hear a second heartbeat and logically he would know you're pregnant. But if you are not carrying Remy's child, you'd be carrying a human fetus."

Genevieve knew that female mates if marked and mated, couldn't carry another supernatural beings child.  Genevieve considered herself marked and mated, even if Remy wasn't able to mark her. He had explained to Gen, that his vampire gene would work against the werewolf side and vice versa. A marking bite needed to be tended to and cared for,  a healing process of three to four days. If Remy tried to give her a marking, the vampire side of him would heal the werewolf bite. It was the same thing if his vampire side tried to mark her.

"Early in the fifth week of pregnancy, your baby's heart would begins to form. Your baby's heart would start beating at 22 or 23 days post-conception, which is during the fifth week of your pregnancy. At this point, your baby's heart will be too small to generate enough sound waves to be audible, even when amplified by the use of medical equipment." Levi continued to explain. "Twelve weeks into the pregnancy, the Doppler which is a is a small, handheld ultrasound instrument that transmits the sounds of your baby's heartbeat,  should consistently and audibly detect your baby's heartbeat, allowing you to hear it sooner than you otherwise would. That will be around the time Remy notices the heartbeat too."