Chapter 19

Hea woke up to the sensation of something licking her face.

She got startled and cursed, only to remember the puppy she adopted yesterday.

"Good morning, Casper." She whispered and kissed the animal's face.

"Wait here. I have to get ready for school, okay?"

The pup licked her hand, and she ran off to do her morning routine.

"Let's get you some breakfast, shall we?" She came out after 30 minutes fully dressed and ready.

The two skipped down the steps and went straight to the kitchen.

The place seemed foreign to her since she barely ever been in here. She always ate from outside once her father was home.

The girl gave the pup some dog food she bought from the store and made sure to follow the instructions Jin told her.

The two were finished eating when Hea put on her shoes.

"Alright boy. I will have to leave you now."

The pup who was sitting in front of her, looked up and tilted his head.

"Don't worry. I will be back soon... In a couple hours but please be safe. I really wish I could take you with me." She lifted the pup up and gave him kisses.

"Oh wait. I have to go get my phone."

Hea ran to the bedroom, grabbed her phone and came back.

She saw the pup still there and opened her door. Then she turned around, zipped her bag up and left the house.

She picked up Jimin and the two walked to school together as usual.

They sat in class like normal and Mrs. Lee came in grumpier than usual.

Today she glared at Hea the entire time, making Jimin ask the girl what's up with their teacher.

Even Hea didn't know.

During the lesson, Hea needed an extra pen and almost yelled when she saw inside her bag.

There was little Casper looking up at her!

"Jimin!" She whisper yelled.

He turned to her confused, but his eyes got wide as saucers when he saw white fur sticking out of her bag.

"How?" He also whispered, trying to keep the pup in the bag.

"I don't know! He must've crawled in this morning!"

"Well we gotta do something!"

The two were whispering aggressively while stopping Casper from climbing out her backpack for the third time.

Suddenly their teacher turned around.

"Excuse me!"

The two smiled innocently at her.

"What's going on?! I am hearing talking!"

"Nothing Miss." They chorused still smiling.

Hea subtly closed the bag beside her making sure not to injure Casper's fur.

Then there was a small but audible bark.

"What's that?!" Mrs. Lee asked, now livid.

Hea then started a coughing fit.

"Sorry Miss." She coughed. "I think my flu still hasn't gone away."

Jimin tried to control his laugh while hiding his face.