Chapter 20

The next Monday, Hea got excited to see Jimin.

After a long weekend of not seeing him, she was ecstatic.

Maybe because of the newfound realization.

She did text him, but he didn't answer which was weird.

Her dad was back from his trip a bit frustrated, and she knew to stay out his way.

Now she was skipping her way to Jimin's house after making sure Casper was safely hidden in her room.

Waiting on him, she found him taking a long time.

They were getting late.

Just then Hea saw him coming out with his head lowered.

"Good morning Jiminie." She greeted him with a smile and handed him today's snack.

He gave her a small smile but said nothing as he took the snack and walked ahead.

"Hmm. Weird." She said and jogged to meet up with him.

She read his eyes. But they held nothing. They were emotionless as he walked forward in silence.

'Who the fuck do I have to kill for this?' She thought, immediately getting angry.

It was clear this was not like Jimin and whatever the hell was going on, she knew someone in that house was behind it.

Hea decided not to say anything for now and walked beside him quietly to school.

Jimin sat in his seat and pulled out his books beginning to study without a word.

The girl noticed he still didn't touch the food she gave him in the morning.

"Jiminie." She called softly. "Are you okay?"

His head turned to her and he gave her a smile.

"Yeah. I am okay."

But she knew. He didn't smile with his eyes. His eyes held nothing. That was a lie.

Just when she was gonna go closer to him, Mrs. Lee walked in and started teaching.

Hea barely focused cause all she looked at was Jimin and his quiet demeanour.

Class ended in no time and he rushed outside before she could even get to him.

Hea was left standing in the doorway staring at the direction he rushed off to.

Jimin locked himself in the bathroom stall.

He was having a panic attack. Different from an anxiety attack but just as horrible.

He needed Hea. He held his head as voices started to cloud his mind.

Jimin whimpered hearing the hurtful phrases over and over.

He wanted to get the voices out his head. He wanted to scream but he couldn't.

He desperately wished she was here but he was a coward. Closing his eyes, Jimin tried to imagine her with him.

He imagined her touch. He imagined her calming voice. Her warm embrace.

"Breath Jimin."

He imagined her saying.

And it worked. His breathing went back to normal. The voices stopped.

Jimin let out a shaky breath and held his head. Then he rested it on the wall, feeling dejected.

He finally let the tears out.