Chapter 21

The same thing happened the next day.

Hea picked Jimin up. He didn't eat her snack. Was quiet in class. Barely spoke a word. Even when it was tutoring, he didn't smile or laugh. Nothing.

She was worried and her heart ached seeing him so cold with her.

It was like they were back to square one.

It's been two days and today it's now Wednesday. Between the two days, Jimin only spoke a total of 50 sentences.

Yeah, Hea counted.

It's lunchtime now and Hea is desperately searching for Jimin.

Yoongi and Hoseok listened to her problems and helped her, but they were unsuccessful in finding him.

She needed to find him because she's had enough. It's been two days and she isn't going to sit down and watch the love of her life suffer.

She needed to help him but first, she had to find him.

So she went to his friends who were in the students council office.

"Where's Jimin?" Hea asked as firm as she could.

The boys never saw her this serious before and, in all honesty, they were scared.

"We don't know. He told us that he was leaving. But to go where? He didn't say." Taehyung answered.

"And Noona. I don't know if it's us alone but he doesn't seem like himself. I mean yeah he's quiet. But not that quiet."

Hea thanked the two and promised to see them later.

She went to the classroom since she didn't check there yet and was surprised to only see his book.

The book she wanted to read with a sticky note.

Addressed to her.

She picked it up and only saw one thing.

'Thank you.'

With his signature smiley face but she noticed a tear stain on the paper.

Then it all made sense.

"He said he was leaving. But to go where, he didn't say."

She understood why he left the note. Why began to wear long clothes after the weekend. Why he always disappeared and wouldn't let her get close.

"Fuck!" Was the girl said before taking off to the place she just knew he'd be.

She ran as fast as she could and when she got there, the sight almost made her weak.

[TW: Mention of both verbal and physical abuse, suicide, self-deprecating thoughts. Please do not read further if uncomfortable.]

"You're weak."

"You're fat."

"You're useless."

"You are the reason your mother died!"

Those words rang in Jimin's head as he picked up the blade and pressed it to his skin.

He knew exactly where to end it. He knew every nerve in the body and he knew where could kill.

But before he could end it, someone snatched the blade from him and threw it to the far end of the rooftop.

Jimin recognized the person as Hea, and he immediately began crying when she hugged him tight.

"Don't do that. Don't fucking mark your precious skin with these painful marks." Hea told Jimin, her voice cracking.