2. pre-game win or lose

CHAPTER TWO pre-game win or lose !

CHAPTER TWO
pre-game win or lose !

nebraska-kearney, iowa city IA
W 108-29

   "CAN you like not try to slit her throat with your eyes and cheer?" madison asked as the cheer team entered the arena. kinsley was the last one to enter as she was dreading this moment from the week before. the cheerleader was practically dragging her feet going inside.

"yeah kenny try not to slit my throat." her aggravating voice was making her wish that someone would slit her own throat. caitlin jogged from behind her to around her and landed besides madison.

"call me kenny again and i'll do more than slit your throat." kinsley deadpanned rolling her eyes at caitlin who only grinned at the smaller girl. kinsley walked in between them and made sure that her duffel bag hit her side harshly.

"watch it, ponytail." caitlin said tugging on kinsley's ponytail. kinsley turned around on her heels and glared at caitlin. "oops, sorry." she said holding her hands up in surrender. "my hand slipped."

"yeah?" kinsley asked tilting her head to the side and squinting her eyes. she took off her duffel bag and was about to swing it to hit caitlin but madison grabbed her arms steady.

"breath in and out kins. in and out. can't be hurting one of our good players now before the season even begins." madison said chuckling nervously turning kinsley around. she glanced over at caitlin and send her a soft glare. caitlin only shrugged her shoulders with pouted lips before jogging back inside of the locker room.

"can't believe i have to see her for months, mads. why did i decide that iowa was going to be a good idea. why did she have to exist." kinsley mumbled underneath her breath as madison kept her arms tightly around her body moving her forward to the rest of the team. "i would be perfectly okay if she played volleyball because we hardly ever cheer for volleyball. but basketball? sure she may have the looks and the height but i bet you she will be equally as good as in basketball in volleyball. far away from cheerleading."

madison kept quiet putting her lips in a tight line. "you do realize that you both complimented her and insulted her at the same time." she said looking down at kinsley who crossed her arms over her chest.

"i hate her but i'm not blind." kinsley said going over to her team. madison shook her head and held a unknowingly look. she waved at the cheer team before running off as well inside of the locker room seeing as everyone was starting to come inside along with the other team.

"okay, people! let's practice again!" lucy said in her coach voice clapping her hands together. kinsley placed her bag down at the edge of the bench. she kneeled down on her knees as she took out a mirror and fixed up her ponytail that caitlin rudely pulled down. once she put the bow on it kinsley stood back up and grabbed her pom poms.