14. am i enough?

CHAPTER FOURTEEN am i enough ?!

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
am i enough ?!

minnesota, iowa city IA
W 87-64

     KINSLEY isn't the type of person to care who comes to the games or which of her outside friends come and see her cheer. one she moved on to a new era in her life, if there were people who were negative to her she drops them.

when she moved from minnesota to iowa, she dropped almost everyone. she stopped texting her family, her dad every once a week. her so-called friends dropped. her cousins. everyone. she was going to start over and that's exactly what she did.

but now as they entered the arena for the minnesota vs iowa game kinsley chung was anxious. she couldn't help but wonder if they're going to come all the way form minnesota to watch the game because she knows that her friends and family know that she's in the cheerleading game. she knows how much they like sports. and ben hasn't left her mind either.

"hey, everything is going to be okay. we've got you if anything happens." stefani said wrapping her arm around kinsley's waist and hugging her. she dropped her chin to kinsley's shoulder and the girl could cry. god how she's lucky to have met stefani. to have finally met the best friend that everyone talks about.

kinsley nodded her head putting her cheer bag underneath one of the benches. the game was about to start so they started announcing the players. caitlin walked past kinsley giving her a kiss on the cheek. if it was any other time kinsley would've kissed her properly but she didn't. she just wasn't in the right mood and it isn't her fault.

"good luck." kinsley spoke softly trying so hard not to show caitlin that something was wrong with her. stefani smiled sadly at kinsley.

"why don't you talk with caitlin? i'm sure she'll find a way to get them kick out if they do show up." stefani said pulling away. she leaned forward putting her hands on the bench.

kinsley immediately shook her head. "no, no." kinsley whispered so that the other basketball players that were making their way out of the locker didn't hear. "please don't tell her stef. it's not-its not what she's made for." kinsley said continuing to shake her head. "she's gotta play, she has other things on her mind than me right now."

"kinsley..."

"don't tell caitlin." kinsley pleaded blinking away her tears so that they wouldn't slip and ruin her makeup. stefani nodded her head slowly standing up. soon it was time for the cheerleaders to run behind the basketball girls.

kinsley faked smiled and cheered as she walked outside. she rubbed her pom poms together looking at her team before looking to the stands. the lights turned back on lighting up everyone. kinsley stopped midway as her eyes landed on the second row of the stands.