Sophie

A/N : Hi! I just started writing this novel, so I'm glad you're tagging along with me to discover more about Noah and Sophie's relationship

A/N : Hi! I just started writing this novel, so I'm glad you're tagging along with me to discover more about Noah and Sophie's relationship. Thankss
-mel <3

Sophie :

"Have you packed your skates?" Mum asks, bursting my bubble. I was staring out into the forest from my newly built bedroom window. Watching a squirrel with a bushy tail, enjoy its discovery of an acorn. These organic things really melted my heart

Speaking of tails, my Mom had literally been pinned to mine about numerous things. About joining Brighton's skating team, as well as every single little thing that is considered essential to her for me to pack.

But of course I'm grateful, she has done everything and more for me for years, and this was just one of the examples. I couldn't love her more. She was the best Mom I could ask for. Her meticulousness was all to support me with the transition. I don't think I could ever compensate.

Not that I don't appreciate the extremely slim opportunity I waggled my way into. Me and her were absolutely enthralled after finding out the results of the entrance exams. And, the lottery money really helped us so much. Mom got to redo the house, pay off any outstanding debts, and rent. We were no longer money deprived. It and I on the other hand..spent my portion of the money on tuition. In some odd way, I felt uneasy about this whole transition.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I've never really experienced anything close to this. Especially staying in a completely different town. So that's something new.
"Oh, I went for a last minute skate. Here they are." I picked up my skates by their laces and hung them from my fingers.

"Give them to me, I'll pack them for you whilst you fix your uniform." Mom offers her hands out. I placed a boot in each hand before she hurried off to the living room.

I shifted my body back towards the full length mirror across the bay window. The girl I saw in the mirror was entirely different to I saw two months ago. More..civilised. More slim than she was five months ago.

I fixed my twisted skirt and pulled down my brown sweater. Running my fingers along the school logo on my chest. I was now part of one of the most prestigious schools in England. It was hard for me to believe, since I've always attended public school. People weren't very nice there.

The thought of no longer staying in Shrewsbury was still rendering in my mind.

But now I'm sure this is a good opportunity, a beneficial one. A fresh, new start.

Mom is planning to invest in stocks that would ensure that she accumulates profit, that's what my tuition is consisting off of right now.

Summer was just about to end, and the school year was about to begin. I had spent the entirety of the five months on my appearance, making sure every curve and divot was immaculate. So I was scheduled to board a train to Brighton at one this afternoon.

I picked up my newly bought Repetto pointe shoes from my messy stuffed animal corner, tattering the pair together in order to break them until they are suited to flexibility. Then popped them into my duffel bag beside me.

I quickly selected a stuffed animal to bring, still a bit sad only one will fit in my bag.

I snatched the pink unicorn out of my stash and placed it nicely into the compartment as well.

Marshmallow was my stuffed unicorn, the one I've probably had for the longest. She was still in good condition, which was a good thing because god knows what might happen to her at Brighton.

"Sophie it's noon already. Time to go." Mom shouted all the way from the living room, stopping my mental packing list ticking abruptly. She was very persistent about being punctual for the train.

"Coming!"
I stuffed the rest of my necessities into the suitcase, zipped it up and hauled it out of my room.

The cab Mom called up for pulled up to our driveway.

I gave Mom my last goodbye, hugging her tight.

"Did you pack your sweater? That one was very pricey."

"The pink one? Yes, I did. I have to use it for ballet."

"Okay, good. You're all ready to go. Don't forget to make friends, and you better eat your lunch. I'll see you soon, so don't you worry about it. If you need anything, just give me a holler, you know my number."She peppered my face with kisses before we parted.
I'll see you soon.

I shoved my bag into the trunk and entered its backseat.

"St. Pancras Station please. Thank you." He nodded in reply. I gave back the driver my dimpliest smile, finally getting to sit back and relax.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

My thoughts settled down, as I started to admire the view out the window. I watched as my home town morph into blur, then become thin mist curtaining the trees within.

About fifteen minutes into the trip I felt a low grumble erupt in my stomach. That's when I had an epiphany. I hadn't eaten lunch today. Or dinner yesterday night. Skipping a few meals couldn't hurt right? I'd done it quite often during summer so it should be fine. I was currently kilograms in weight, five kg too much. Losing weight wouldn't do any harm.

After arriving at the train station half an hour later, I pulled eighteen pounds out of my coin pouch and placed it into the tray that rested atop the divider between us.

"Thank you so much." I lauded before heading into the station's main hall.

I saw multiple other individuals who seemed to be going to Brighton as well. But I didn't approach them. I have to say, I'm not the most social person in the world. Not at all. In fact the opposite. But socialising was never my thing during school anyways.

Brighton one pm platform 4. Okay. I plucked out my ticket and started walking towards my designated train platform.

There were at least ten other students from Brighton taking this particular train. They were probably in their last year of high school, as they looked older than me.

The train doors withdrew with a soft hiss, sliding aside. I stepped inside with my duffel bag and sat in a free single seat. A smile tipped the edges of my lips at the sight of a window seat that was accompanied by a pull out table. A free seat like this was very rare in England.

I placed my headphones on top of my head, opened my duffel bag, grabbed my sketchbook, and started drawing some cute little figures at the corner of the page. Once the music ended, something much more immense clouded my mind, and the scratches of my pencil against the paper paused. I was leaving home. I was traveling to a different place, alone.

 I was traveling to a different place, alone