Sink

Sophie :

Sophie :

'What about this?' I popped my head out of our shared bathroom after trying on my third outfit decision. 'You look fine, now can we get going? By the time you finish getting ready the mingling night will be over.' He groaned, irritation evident in his face. Shoot Sophie. You always create problems. Why can't you just not ruin someone's night for once?

'I'm sorry.' I looked down at the floor, the feeling of shame and regret creeping up in me. Henry's expression softened, 'Don't be sorry. I just wanted to have more time to meet new people.' I nodded still feeling ashamed, forgetting about anything related to clothing or dressing up.

I followed him from behind, letting him make his way to the event. I didn't actually know where it was going to be held, so following him was the best idea. "Cheer up buttercup.' Henry turned around to look at me, noticing I wasn't as skippy as I usually was when I walk.

I knew that he regarded me highly, but I tend to drill on unnecessary things, I don't know why myself. Henry is my best friend right now so, and at least he thinks of me the same, I guess it's fine for me to let it go.

We slowly approached the party. The entrance traced with ivy and florals, it was really pretty. Everyone was so social and friendly to each other it was like I was on a different planet. But as soon as I approached some of the girls I had seen, they sneered at me. Maybe im not on a different planet. Because on this planet no one likes Sophie. I don't know why.

I joined Henry's side, as I spotted him standing awkwardly by a tree; I just didn't want him to feel left out. He looked tense and indifferent by everything else. I hope I didn't make it worse.

'Umm I'm going to go get water. Do you want anything?' I asked, the contrast of me and Henry's silence compared to the jitters of everyone else's talking was just too drastic. And my throat was feeling dry again. 'Nah, go right ahead. But stay safe okay?' He says bluffly, crossing his arms. Henry kind of resembled angry Paddington.

'Whatever.' I giggled at the frumpy frown on his face, skipping off.

I reached out for a cup by the refreshment table, having to stand on the top of my toes to reach over all the junky food. Just looking at any consumable substance made my stomach churn. All of this nonstop training has drained the life out of me, but I have to persist and keep on going in order to make it home with a gold medal.

I grabbed the pitcher of ice water, about to pour some into the cup, just when hurtful words filled the air. Words that included my name in between.

'Oh just admit it. Noah Alcocer is in love. I've seen you with Sophie.' I heard Russell's voice over the loud chatter and music.

'You know I only feel bad for her. She's lonely as fuck.' I peeked my head around the tree trunk blocking my view. He rolled his eyes in Russell's direction, continuing to sip on whatever he was drinking. I didn't have any time to interpret what the rest of their conversation was, because by then I had already placed the pitcher and cup back down onto the refreshment table and rushed out of there.

I pushed through the bustling crowds full of people's conversations with each other. The feeling guilty once again today for pressuring him into things that he might not have wanted.
You're an idiot Sophie.

How could you think that he'd ever like you?
You're a messed up person with your own problems, why would you drag him into this without even being considerate? First Mom then him. You got too attached to Noah, and now you are upset because of yourself.

Tears dripped out of my eyes as I plodded into the forest behind the party. Seeking for a moment of quiet and alone time to think about how crap I've been to the people around me.
I thought that boarding school was a fresh start, but I guess that I was bound to mess everything up again.

I really just want to say sorry to Henry. And more importantly Noah. Our relationships have been so indistinct because of my selfishness, how can I blame him for saying that about me.

Realisation hit me when I noticed how my sweater considerably thin and barely had any ability to trap warmth. I curled my arms around my torso, letting out a shiver, a cold blow of fume releasing from my quivering lips. My fingers that wrapped around my waist frozen and stuck in place as a wave of deja-vu washes over me.

I slowly felt a change in texture under my feet, I had walked into the forest, starting off with the coarse feeling of grass and dirt, but this felt.. strange.

Suddenly, an unstable crack ringed below me. I was on ice. Panic flowed throughout me as I looked around for someone nearby. My gaze searched and searched, but the last thing I saw was the darkened night sky before my body constricted, and the frigid water submerged me whole.

I'm sorry Noah..