Down

Sophie :

Sophie :

The I landed the triple axel with a toe loop, hoping my performance was radiant with perfection. Unfortunately, my energy has its limits.

Once I had struck the default finishing pose I collapsed onto the ice. I'd been fasting for three days, my diet only consisting of protein drinks and water. 

"Alright that was beautiful darling, do you think you could try a couple more times?  I would just like to perfect your angling." Madame Angpol stood above me, her gaze frigid. For the past hour, she had been observing me with precise scrutiny. Every turn of my wrist, and every rotation I perform.

Shoot Sophie. You have to try harder.

How can I expect to get anywhere in the skating industry when I can't do anything?

It had been two full weeks of training, as of which I got on fine without an inch lacking of precision. So what was the issue now?

"What ever are you waiting for? Up you are. I don't want to waste any more time." Her tone shifted drastically. Seeming to be more aggressive than usual.

"Okay." I lifted myself off the cold bed below me. Blowing out a puff of chilly smoke wearily. I shouldn't be cold. I dressed in a navy blue sweater, the same one that I had worn during winter. So theoretically I shouldn't be cold. I don't feel so good..

"Now one two three, one two three, and up! Then land, spread your arms out a little bit more." Her hands clapped in rhythm, counting on beat. Imperatively exclaiming every action and move that I was meant to follow accordingly.

I floated on the ice, like a puppet following her every direction. Just when I was about to alight contact with the ground, my toe pick skid, ripping through the ice point. Causing me to fall once again.

"What is wrong with you! Sophie you were doing your triple axels just fine five minutes ago." She bit out nonchalantly. Kithara and the other skaters giggled in the distance as I got yanked off the ice by Madame Angpol, and thrown towards the barrier.

"Off! I don't want to see you until you fix your form." I hit the the glass with an impactful thud. My thoughts protesting against the idea of quitting, whilst trying to regain my energy.

Somewhere in my gut I started feeling bad for taking up another spot in the skating team when I didn't even deserve it.

This was very unusual of her to be so strident.
She was typically quite gentle with me. I glanced back at the spot she stood by. A brassy expression adorning her face.

Sophie what do you expect? You're not even doing close to good.

I slowly made my way towards the exit of the rink. Practically hauling myself and my strained legs. Madame Angpol's commands repeated in my head, sharp but yet so indistinct.

I'm sorry..

"Move!" My head twisted around to face a human tornado. Both Noah and a red headed hockey player were speeding towards me, bodies intertwined with one another. Their piled combined bodies would crush me to bits, quite literally.

Oh.

My feet shuffled, just for me to teeter forward jamming my hand and my arm into the cylindrical pole. My left arm was sandwiched between the barrier and handle. I attempted to waggle my arm out of the grip, only to be met with avail. Gosh did I really burn that much energy on skating?

Eventually after tugging, I finally yanked it out. Trying to do some quick thinking, I shuffled to the side as they bashed into the wall. My heart beat fast, in worry for them.

"Let go Henry!" Noah pushed the boy off as they broke apart at my feet. The redhead sent flying in the opposite direction, not stopping at anything until he grasped onto a bar. Pulling himself up, clutching his ribs. That was extremely close. I feel so bad though.

Once Noah had arisen from the ground, he skated over to the other player. Hands on his hips and face fuming with disappointment.

I don't feel good..

"Bro what the hell were you doing?" Noah questioned the boy. Scowling down at him in disappointment. Yet he still seemed concerned about the boy, examining his body for any injuries. Noah's voice was loud enough to be heard from where I was stimulated, but I could only get snippets of their conversation.

"You could have been seriously hurt, we both could have." He said bluntly. Clearly not willing to take any excuses.

"Sorry cap. I lost control and slipped." Notes of guilt sang in his words.

"And I hope the consequences are evident to you." Noah gestured to the ice.

"Yes Cap." The boy mumbled imperceptibly. Pulling up the hockey skate that was currently hanging off his foot.

"Good, now back to practicing you go. I don't want you to end up like Nolan Sullivan."
Noah brushed the situation off as if it were lint on his clothing, but I just couldn't bring myself to comprehend the analogy.

It was the first time I had witnessed Noah being so merciless in front of his teammates. He never struck me as the strict kind. 

"Sophie?" He turned to me, still keeping his distance a few metres away. I could feel my consciousness crumbling before me; as I began to shake and sway. Dizziness clouding my vision.

A vague ring burned into my modality. I could think straight, let alone walk or move straight. I need water. I need- something.

"I don't feel so good.."

"Huh?"

"I-

...

A/N : to those who are wondering where the origin version of this went, I rewrote it as I felt there was something missing

A/N : to those who are wondering where the origin version of this went, I rewrote it as I felt there was something missing. Thankss