Snow White

Sophie :

Sophie :

This morning was weird.

I had woken up in my bed, but if I remember correctly, I had fallen asleep in Noah's car. But I'm mainly just overcoming yesterday's events. I already checked my phone, nothing from mom.

To be honest, I really hate myself for how I affected people yesterday. I feel so sick when I think about how I made mom feel. And the same applies to how I made Noah drive all the way out to Coldean just for me to close up all again.

Pushing my negative thoughts aside, I slid on some old light blue top and jeans I found at the back of my closet. I paired it with some tights, to tie the whole outfit together. It's quite pretty actually. Though it is winter, and the outdoors is practically frozen, the inside of school is quite warm.

I quickly grabbed my cardigan, and stepped into my Uggs. Most people had gone home for half term break. So the hallways were practically empty.

I made my way downstairs into the dining hall, where some other pupils and staff were eating breakfast.

The junior table seemed quite lonely, so I looked over at the upper sixth form table. I spotted Noah sitting there with some of his friends. And naturally, I decided to go approach them.

"Hi!" I tapped Noah on the back whilst waving.
He seemed confused for a moment, but then his expression softened. "Good morning Sophie. Would you like to sit with us?" He gestured to the empty spot beside him. "Oh. Sure." I propped myself down in the spot he gestured to.

"Who's this lovely lady?" One of Noah's friends looked over at me.
"I'm Sophie. What's your name?" I asked kindly.
"Ryan. Ryan Hewitt."
'Nice to meet you.'
"Oh hey Sophie." Henry joined us carrying a plate full of sausages, eggs, and bacon. Nearly every breakfast food I could think of.

"Hi Henry.." I addressed him trying to ignore how my stomach felt like a slushee mixer.

Once everyone had gotten back to talking. I felt a bit shut out. But didn't think much of it. Especially since they only just met me, I don't expect them to include me in anything just yet.

"Are you okay?" Noah's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Yeah." I replied, plastering on a cheerful smile.
"You're getting very pale Soph, you sure?" He placed an arm on my shoulder reassuringly.

I didn't answer, instead I was too busy trying to keep the acid and bile rising in my throat down.
"You're not okay."
"I am. Truly." I said through the two fingers pressing my lips together.

"Fine. I'm going to get food. Do you want anything?" He questioned, but something was off about his tone.

"Nope. But thank you."
Somewhere in my gut, I felt like he's getting the slightest hint of what I'm doing.

Noah squinted at me before leaving for the buffet table.
Close call.
A couple minutes later her returned. With not one, but two plates of food.

"Here." He slid one plate across the table in my direction. "I said I didn't want anything." I said looking up at him. "I know. And I am saying that I'm not listening." He says nonchalantly. Sitting back down. I looked down at the dish full of toast, croissants, and a pot of jam and butter.

"If you're not going to eat all of it, at least it a slice of toast. It wouldn't hurt." Noah shared a paltry smile with me before continuing his conversation with Henry.

Feeling bad, I pick up a slice of toast. Rotating a corner between my fingers. After five minutes of pretending to eat the food, I stood from the bench. "I'm going to go for a walk." I stated to the others before taking off for the nearby lake.

Noah :

Noah :

I think I'm starting to figure this girl out. Sophie supposedly left fifteen minutes ago, to go on a walk. But my thoughts got the better of me, and I concluded with myself that I would follow her.

She did in fact go on a walk. And she must have been either very stupid or cautious. Because she took the most complex route to the dock.
It would've been easy as fuck to get lost, only if I were some rando who was following her; and not someone who takes this same exact trail seven days a week.

Sophie stopped at the same dock she was at a couple days ago. She may have fooled everyone else at the table, but not me.

Sophie hadn't taken a single bite out of that slice of toast. How do I know? Well, she was ripping pieces of it up and tossing them into water right now.

On the bright side, she's not wasting it. But it brings me to wonder once more, why in fuck would she not eat anything? Is it even physically possible?

I watched from behind the greenery as she giggled when the ducks started circling around her feet just like before. At least she's finding her own company.

Sophie was the Snow White of our school. Animals literally came in her presence. I'm just silently praying to myself that this Snow White doesn't go to sleep because of not eating the poisoned apple.

 I'm just silently praying to myself that this Snow White doesn't go to sleep because of not eating the poisoned apple