Kiss

Henry :

Henry :

I rolled my eyes as I watched all of the hockey players, very obviously, check Sophie out as she stepped onto the coach bus. Knowing that all of them have girlfriends or are interested in other people already. She was the only girl on this bus, excluding Madame Angpol, of course.

Sophie being Sophie, completely unaware about the nine other boys actively looking at whatever they do; props herself down right next to me. To be honest, I'm surprised she didn't go and sit with Noah.

'Hi!' She waved cheerfully and full of energy. 'Hello Sophie.' I wiped a hand down my face realising that she was going to be a handful for the full two hour drive. Not that I don't like it though, she keeps me awake.

'I'm just going to sleep if you don't mind.' She says, popping on her headphones and tilting her head back onto the chair. After yesterday, I have to say, I'm quite concerned for her mental health, no normal teenager should be shaming theirselves that way.

Today was the opening night of Englands Glacial Sports Season, which meant their annual "Skating Gala" convention was tonight. Boy am I dreading it. What's the point in making friends with your competitors when you're going against them?

I looked over my shoulder and spotted Noah's grumpy face, soon realising exactly why he was looking like a turnip. Russell had converted him into a bag stand, his hockey equipment bag between Noah's leg. Have fun Noe Noe.

Now that I think of it, Sophie is getting awfully skinny. I don't think that's a good thing..and she also never eats. That brings me back to her emotional state. She shouldn't have to starve herself for a sport. I saw how she broke down yesterday, I genuinely felt so bad for her. Madame Angpol is usually quite harsh with Sophie, but even she's getting worried.

Noah :

Noah :

A surge of jealousy had sparked in me earlier today when Sophie went to sit with Henry, leaving me with- Russ. He has stuffed his hockey shit between my legs for the entire two hours. Does he not know that their are upper cabinets?

I dumped my tour bag onto the room's bed, and pulled off my sweatshirt over my head, leaving me wearing the same T-shirt I've been wearing for three days straight. Gross. I know. But practice has been consuming all my time, and I've preserved all my other clothes for this trip.

After finding myself bored and with nothing to do, I decide to go and explore the inn. I mean the entire campus is owned by the England Sports Bureau, what isn't interesting?

I grabbed a coat and headed out the door, deciding that I would explore the indoor facilities first.

I wandered around the endless hallways, a mix of vintage and modern. Each exhibit located inside all of the wings were dedicated to those who were in the Sports hall of fame. I have to say, David Beckham's was the most intriguing to me.

I continued exploring for another half an hour. Immersed into every detail, soaking up this once in a lifetime opportunity. Yes of course, being part of the hockey team, we've been to several different venues for competitions, but never the actual core of the ESB foundation.

Their Glacial sports centre has two fuckin rinks triple in size compared to ours. It was fascinating.

Finding myself at the very end of my excursion, I head outside, wondering what the environment surrounding this colosseum looks like.

I had gotten a glance earlier, but never actually appreciated it as much as I did the interior. God how I did nature wrong. It was absolutely breathtaking. I wondered where Sophie was right now. She'd definitely enjoy this.

I began searching for the golden girl, looking everywhere I could think of, just to be met with avail. Where are you?

Accepting that I couldn't find her for now, I strolled down the east lawn, spotting a very familiar face, standing just by the edge of the surface, watching a flock of birds from afar.
There you are.

'Well Sophie, out of all places I wouldn't expect you to be here.' I said, approaching her from behind hands in my pocket. She jumps, turning her head around startled.

'Hello you.' Sophie smiles sheepishly. Her cheeriness toned down a bit.
'What are you up to?' 'Oh just watching those birds, they're very pretty.' We could go back and forth for hours and I would never get sick of it.

'It's amazing out here isn't it?' She marvels, twirling around in her childish nature. 'Even more inside.' I gestured to the large building in the distance. 'Agree to disagree.' She fixated her lips to the side, still showing a slight hint of happiness.

'So has anything been going on with you recently?' The memory of what Henry had told me yesterday came to mind. 'No..not really.' She replied hesitantly. I looked at her skeptically, actual concern growing inside of me.

'You don't need to lie to me.' I said reassuringly, genuinely wanting to help. Henry told me how he was worried about her emotional state. Saying she didn't believe in herself and was taking the term perfectionist too far. To be honest, I agree with him. She's been showing signs of that since day one.

Sophie looked down avoiding all sorts of eye contact. 'I'm telling the truth. Im fine.' She returns her head to its original position, smiling up at me, even though sadness was evident within her strained expression.

It really was difficult staying away from her. Sophie was like a magnet I somehow always got attracted to. Ever since the first day of school it's been that way. She's growing on me contagiously and it's not even in my control anymore. As much as she unconditionally hates herself, I don't give a fuck. She's so pretty. Inside and out.

Letting go of any boundaries I set for myself; I close the distance between us and press my lips against hers.