Skate

Sophie :

Sophie :

"That was marvellous!" Madame Angpol clapped raucously towards my triple axel. "Are you sure you're a novice?" Her Russian accent laced every word she spoke.

"I-I think so." I said quietly, out of breath and feeling obnoxious. It had been quite a while since I had performed my ultra c elements. A tickle swiped across my cheek, I tucked the loose strand of hair away.

"Sophie. Ultra c elements are only for stage eight skaters." She stated, seeming to be impressed.

"I didn't know. Sorry." I looked down at the desolate shaved ice.
"Forget about it. You're on!"
"On what?" I questioned, confused with her reaction.
"You're on the team."

'Really?' I hopped back to life, jumping around on the tip of my skates ecstatic to know that I had reached the tippy top of my goals before even accomplishing all of those under.

"You have talent and you exhibit your potential flawlessly. You'd be the youngest skater to join in Brighton history!"Madame Angpol lifted her hands in the air courageously. 

I replied to reaction with a small smile as she continues mumbling about her future envisage.

"Now come on, lunch ends half an hour, let's get you a nibble." Madame Angpol persistently ushered me towards the exit of the rink. My stomach churned at the thought of consuming anything.

"I'm going to bring us a bite, I'll be back in five." Her voice faded as she shimmied off down Morton Hall on the way to the cafeteria.

I couldn't process what just happened. I never engage in any clubs or teams. It all seemed to good to be true. There had to be a catch somewhere I just didn't know.

I tugged off the skates and seated myself down by a bench.

I should probably put these back in the storage room. I tied up my sneakers, stood back up and walked down the nearby hallway, the same one Madame Angpol emerged from whilst looking for my size of skates.

I think this is the storage room.. pushing open the door I realised it was pitch black inside.
It'll be quick, it's fine, don't be such an idiot Soph.

As soon as I stepped inside -"Sophie? What the fuck?"A voice filled the air and their palm clamped around my shoulder. I squealed in response, jolting back into the wall and kicking the interloper right in the shin.

"Ow." I turned to face the person who was behind me. Panting and clutching my chest.
"Fucking hell! Shit. I'm sorry, but please be quiet." The person shook their leg. My wave of shock slowed. Oh it's just the boy.
"What are you doing here?"He asked firmly, intending as not a question but demand.

"What are you doing here?" I shifted the question into his direction.

'I asked first.'

"Putting back my skates..but it's dark. I can't see," I whined trying to find the light switch. Momentarily, the pitch black room was lit by a small lamp in the corner, cutting my search to a halt.

"It's small I know. But it'll do. Coach is fixing the ceiling light anyways." Noah shrugged blatantly, sauntering in the corner. My lips formed the shape of an o.

"Now, what are you doing in here without the lights on?" I questioned, pouting with my arms crossed.
"I was just leaving before you stormed in here like a lost pig."
Pig?
"What do you mean by pig? Do you mean fat?"I asked, the volume of my voice lowered as I looked down at my body. Did he mean fat?

"It's just a joke Sophie."
"Did you mean fat?"
"God no. Are you actually being serious?" Oh..
He shook his head. Annoyance written all over his face.
"No- give those to me." He snatched the skates from my grasp and jammed them into a nearby shelf.
He abruptly paused midway turning back to me.

"Alcocer. Care to explain?"
"Coach, I was just putting her skates back."

A man who wore a Brighton hoodie with a red whistle hanging from his neck; and packaged sandwich nestled in between his two fingers, walked into the room, a bewildered expression adorning his face.

"I swear to god Noah if your mishaps have all been occurring because of a damn girl, I will do everything in my power to make sure your career is whacked out the window and you are dead before the Glacial Sports season even starts, wilco?" He turned on his heel and walked off a 'flipping hell' slipping from his mouth in the distance. Irritation evident. Ouch.

"I'm gonna go- watch your step Sophie." Noah says calmly. I slowly receded out the door, forgetting there was a ledge between the door frame and ground. My foot missed by an inch, causing me to fall flat on my butt.

"Be. Careful." I heard Noah drone out every word from the storage room. I pulled myself up, stacking every limp body part on top of one another.

I speed walked all the way back to the benches to be met with Madame Angpol. "Ah there you are my darling." She spoke, mouth half full with granola and muffin.

"Here this is for you." She passed me a tri pack of granola and oat berry bars, pressing them into my hand. I stared into my palm. Anticipating my future hunger and despair.
No.

'Thank you.' I responded with the best smile I could muster up.

Once Madame Angpol returned to eating her meal, I slowly slid the bars into my backpack. Saving it for later disposal.

 Saving it for later disposal

A/N. : Ahhhh she finally did it <3
I told you I would have more chapters!