Drive

Noah :

Noah :

"Pass me a cig."I extended my hand out to Russell as he placed the cylindrical poison in the palm of my hand. I stuck it between my teeth awaiting for Russ to light it.

"What's on your mind?" Russ asks as he sets the cig aflame.

"Nothing in particular." In this sense I was telling the truth. I didn't have anything on my mind. At least I wanted to have nothing on my mind.

"Nah mate. You're lying. Something in your eyes tells me something's off."He knudged me in the arm.

'Is it coach?'

"Yes." Lies.

"Come on. Stop being so uptight. It's half term break, chill out a bit mate." His Aussie accent makes him sound like a thirty year old telling me to let loose.

Me and 3r decided to spend the first night of half term break by Green Ridge windmill, just to unwind. Are we allowed to? In technicality, no. But do we care? No.

Sure there are druggies and alcoholics nearby, but at least two of us are smart enough not to trust them. The other two, well- I watched Ryan and Rory stumble on top of each other, giggling drunkly together. If they weren't impersonating telletubbies I don't know what they are.

"You're right." I took a deep intake, then exhaled with satisfaction at the smooth release of smoke.

Deciding I didn't want to go any further, I ashed my cig in the dirt.

Both me and Russ sat down on the bare grass. Looking up, and not at each other. "Cheers to the last half term break we'll ever have." Russ lifted his cigarette in the air, and launched it as far as he could in the distance. The disturbing pops of him cracking his knuckles deliberately in my ear, brings me back to sixth grade when he tried to fight me.

"What a great time it has been with you buddy." I said as monotone as ever.

"Aw I love you too Noah." He scoffed sarcastically leaning back to lie down,

"Asshole."

"Wanker."

The soft chime of my phone in my pocket interrupted our conversation.

"Give me a second bud, I'll be right back." I stood from my place on the ground, pulling out my phone out the process. An unknown number.

I pressed the phone to my ear after clicking accept, waiting for the line to connect.

"Hello?" I spoke into the microphone.

"Can you pick me up?'"

Sophie's voice filled the speaker. It sounded more weak and quiet than usual.