Blue

Noah :

Noah :

'Where do you think she would've gone?' I asked Henry, worry stirring inside of me. He had approached us a couple minutes ago about how Sophie didn't come back when she was meant to, and how she had been missing for quite a while. 'I'm not so sure. That girl is unpredictable.' He responded, a grimace on his face.

We didn't waste any time, springing into action immediately. Russ was checking the party, but we divided ourselves in order to quicken the process of finding Sophie.

I fucking hate what I said earlier. And I regret it so much. Even though I didn't mean a single word, doesn't mean they did not hurt her.
I can't believe I said something so low just because I didn't want people to find out about us. Why should she be forced to live in secret when it isn't what she really wants.

At this point I couldn't think about anything else other than where she could be. She could be in the hotel, she could have been taken by one of the guys at the party- fuck.

A ping from my phone jolted in my pocket. It was a text from Russ.

Russell Journey

Russ : I asked some of the guys, and looked everywhere, she isn't anywhere near the party.

He sent along with a shrugging emoji.

'Hey Henry, do you think she'd be in your suite?' I turned around to face him. 'Well I've got both of the cards to the door. So those chances are slim to none.' Henry pulls out a card sleeve that revealed both the main card and extra, the only way to access the door. A surge of panic flowed through me.

This is fucking serious. If she's not at the party, not in the suite, where is she? We've nearly reached the back of the forest and it's been quite a long time since her last sighting.

'Fuck man. I'm scared.' Henry breathed heavily in the wintry climate. It was freezing out here too. All I could to was hope she's in an okay condition. I couldn't even say when was the last time I'd seen her smile, but it felt like an eternity ago.

'Me too buddy, but all we can do is-..' I stopped in my tracks, it was the frozen over lake that me and Sophie kissed at. I recognised the trees and the odd shadows the casted. And that was when I saw it.

The huge gaping hole in the ice, surrounded by fractured pieces, and within, Sophie's hand.

Henry :

Henry :

I watched as Noah's walking stopped. His gaze frozen, but his eyebrows curved in and his lips parted ever so slightly. 'Noah?' I asked, coming to his side. He didn't answer. Instead I traced his gaze back to the most alarming sight I've ever set eyes on. A huge gap in the ice.

'Sophie..' his voice cracked, Noah rushed towards the ice, choosing a more stable area to stand by. I followed him, cautiously, genuinely praying it wasn't Sophie who fell through there. 

He knelt down, wincing in pain as he stuck his hand into the water, waiting to grasp onto anything. Any part of her he had left. Suddenly, her head bobbed up, I saw the shock in her now paled irises before she fully submerged again. Noah lowered both his arms deeper into the lake, swishing them around searching and searching, but coming to avail.

It was so fucked up that I was just standing there. She was my friend. One of my best friends actually. And all I did was stand. Please. Please. Please.
Noah's eyes lit up. He seemed to be struggling, so I proceeded to approach him to help; just when he let out a hiss of pain as he slowly pulled out Sophie's body from the water.

She was limp, and her skin was a sickening shade of white. Her lips blue, and violet shaded her eyes. Noah quickly laid her down on his lap, kicking himself and her off the ice to ensure safety. I moved closer to them kneeling down to help. He tugged of his sweatshirt wrapping it around her torso, ignoring the fact that the only thing he was left with was his thin T-shirt.

I was too astonished to speak. I didn't know what to do. 'Go get help.' Noah said firmly, neglecting the tears that were welling in his eyes. He knows damn well he cares about her, so why did he even say what he said in the first place?

I may have not done anything before but I was determined to help now.

I sprinted as fast as I could back to the party. Pushing past all of the partygoers, and drunk teenagers. Yes it was an all contestant event, but Coach was chaperoning. Which he was doing a bad job of seeing as sixteen year olds were on bubbly right now. 'Coach!' I called out as I spotted him. 'Yes, Henry? Is something wrong?' Coach replied back noticing the concern in my expression. 'The girl- Sophie, she's uh- she fell into the ice and she looks so sick and- What?' I spluttered my words out before coach interrupted me, bolting upright out of his foldable camping chair. 'Show me. Now!' He yelled over the music.

I lead him back into the forest, the both of us running as I retraced me and Noah's steps. We eventually approached the area where Noah sat by a tree, holding Sophie in his arms. 'Please. She's not breathing.' He croaked, his throat dry from the cold condition surrounding us.

'Fuck!' Coach curses out loud looking down at Sophie as Noah lays down her body on the serrated grass. Coach quickly inspects her skinny arms, lifting them up and seeking for her pulse. It had to be there. It had to. She couldn't have been underwater for too long. 'Can you hear me?' He asks pointlessly. Just the fact that he thought she was conscious made me want to scream. No one fucking survives in this climate. Her natural body temperature was way under thirty five celsius.

His fingers freeze from its constant shifting between her neck and wrist, and his expression was panic stricken.

"What?'

'There is no pulse.'