Blood

Sophie :

Sophie :

A sharp ring bled into my consciousness as red white and blue faded out of my eyesight. My gaze bounced around the room that was noticeably empty, and looked nothing like my hotel room. So where was I? My heart remained in its fast beating rhythm as I tried to recall what I was thinking about, and more importantly, how I ended up here. I tried moving my arm but somehow felt as if I had no energy.

My lashes hung below my eyelids, shadowing my sight, causing everything around me to look blurred and just faint. I had regained the ability to hear and to tilt my head ever so slightly, enough to notice that there was a silicone tube stuck inside my arm. I split my lips to scream at the sight but oddly, nothing came out, it was almost as if my voice had been stolen from me like in the Little Mermaid or something.

That's when I remembered what happened. The party, what Noah said.. I fell through ice. My eyes bolted open in realisation of where I was. I was in a hospital. I can't afford this.

I began squirming in my place but just couldn't stand, it was like my legs were numbed to static. I winced as the slim tube in my arm started stinging. I probably shouldn't remove it. The doctors must've worked hard to jam it in there. Why is it in there?

Suddenly I was interrupting by someone bursting into the room.

My heart dropped at the sight of the person. The person I'd hurt so badly, unsoundly words left their mouth.

Noah's eyes widened at the sight of my awakening. A pant of shock leaving their mouth. I must've been asleep for a while. Oh god I missed training.

"Oh my god Soph. Are you okay" he rushed to my side and clicked a button next to the bed I laid on.
I wish I could respond, but my throat was raspy and felt like I ate too much sugar while being sick. So instead, I just nodded. "Is anything hurt, is anything bleeding? Talk to me it's okay, I'm here, I'm not leaving." He stroked my stray hairs off my forehead.

Again, I couldn't respond, so I simply lightly pointed at my throat. He seemed to understand.

"Oh, do you need water?" I shook my head, "alright." He seemed on the verge of breaking down, no matter how much he ran his fingers through my hair there was no tricking me into thinking otherwise. I wish I could tell him I was sorry.

"What is it? What's wrong- oh dear god she is awake," A lady rushing in blurted out in surprise. Why is everyone so concerned? I'm okay, I really am.

I could hear the pretty lady in the distance paging someone on a little box. That's soo cutee. I wish I could have one for me and Henry.

"Sorry, the doctor will be here in a couple minutes, could you make sure she's okay in the meantime?" The pretty lady gestured in Noah's direction.

He nodded in response and then resumed stroking my head. "I am so sorry Soph," emotion thickened his voice. "I didn't mean it. I am so sorry. I know you'd never forgive me for what I said, and I took our relationship for granted because of how understanding and kind you were to me, I never had someone like that in my life." His words made me want to cry. He shouldn't be apologetic, not at all.

Noah lifted our conjoined hands to his lips and kissed my knuckle. I really wanted to hug him right now, but I don't think it would be good if I did. I could see the emotion building up behind his eyes, that also made me want to cry. Nobody should feel bad for me. It was my own stupidity that lead to this.

Like a storm cloud emerging from the skies on a sunny day, I felt a little droplet slide between our hands. I looked up to see his eyes glassy, but his lips sealed shut. "Are you crying?" I spoke very quietly with the last bit of respiratory capacity I had. Noah didn't answer, he just looked straight at me in the eyes and blinked.

"Come here.." I said, hoping a hug would comfort him a little bit. He bent over and tucked a hand right behind my back to give me hug. "I'm repaying you for the hug you gave me when I was sad." I whispered in his ear smiling.

"I was just a bit scared, don't worry about it. Thank you Sophie." Were his last words before breaking away and stepping aside to let the doctors get to me. Noah dragged a chair for the corner to my bedside, why?; I don't really know, but it makes me feel good.

"Okay my dear, we are just going to collect a tiny bit of blood from you to run some tests. Don't worry, you won't feel it." As soon as the doctor mentioned collecting blood, I retreated my arm from his grasp. I always feel these things, I think when doctors say it won't hurt, it definitely will.

"Oh no, I promise it'll only last for a few minutes, no more than seven if we need more." Seven!? As he said that, a nurse grabbed my arm and began adjusting the bag on the hook next to me and exchanged it with a clear one. I whimpered as the nurse toggled with some settings and the tube in my arm felt the painful sting again.

"Let go of her arm." Noah stood from his formal seating position, pushing up his spectacles that he had put on earlier.

"Sir- what?" The nurse looked as puzzled as I was. "Let go of her arm. She clearly doesn't want you to hold it. So let go."

The nurse slowly placed my arm down into the dip in the bed. "Are you okay with this man holding a your arm during the process?" The doctor turned his head in my direction, I nodded in response as Noah lightly lifted my arm and used his thumb to rub circles in my palm.

"Ok, we're going to start the drawing now, I'll be back when it's done, please don't move your arm too much." He nodded before turning on drawer and venipuncture.

Shortly after he exited the room I could start feeling my blood seeping out of my arm. It felt like I had an open wound and a dog was digging into it. Super not fun.

I used my other hand to clamp around my mouth to prevent my screaming disturbing any other patients. I could feel my eyes watering and tears pooling at the rim of my lower lashes, and how they slowly fell. This is so embarrassing.

"Shhh, it's okay it'll be over soon." Noah says planting kisses on my forehead. He's so sweet, but I don't deserve it at all.

Even with closed eyes I could feel his care. The care I'm unworthy of.

A/N : Is it just me or is anyone else afraid of needles and blood drawing, doctors tell you that you won't feel anything when they know damn well it hurts like hell 😭

Unfortunately my writing partner will no longer be working with me develop ideas (if ykyk who they are) due to the numerous plagiarism accusations, and her false claims about inspiration. But I will not delete any comments relating to plagiarism as a form of showing that I was completely unaware.

Anyway, I'll probably post again today. Thanks for 78k reads.
Love you babes.