Chapter 35

Damon's POV
"What's the deal with the Rossi family? How come Stefano called you earlier?" I asked Santiago, confused by what was happening.

"Sierra was abducted by the Russians. She's in Russia now, and Stefano decided to organize a suicide mission to get her back." Oh shit.

"You decided to participate in it, right?"

"Only because I know how much she means to you and Isabella. However, after Sierra gets rescued, I'm ceasing contact with the Rossi family."

"Oh come on, Santiago. The Rossi family isn't even that bad. Surely, we can put the past behind us."

"Just shut up. Anyways, I have a good feeling that we'll be able to find her location. Rossi doesn't know this, but the Spanish Mafia has its own spies in the Russian Mafia. Needless to say, our spies have higher rankings in the opposing mafia, which means that they have a good idea of where Sierra is being held."

"That's great, Santiago," I replied, not giving a shit about which mafia had better spies. All I really wanted was to ensure Sierra's safety. She was a kind girl who didn't deserve what life had thrown at her.

Stefano's POV
"And you're certain that she's in there?"

"Yes, boss. We were able to determine that Sierra is being held in the Russians' dungeon. However, we also found out some... unsettling information about Ashley."

"What the hell did you find out about her?"

"Well, uh, I must give the disclaimer that the spy only overheard the information. They did not make contact with Ashley and Sierra, so neither of them are aware of the spy's presence. Anyways, it turns out that Ashley is the current leader of the Russian Mafia." Hearing that, I almost dropped my phone.

"How is that possible?"

"According to what the spy said, Ashley is actually Don Ivanov's 'deceased' child, Vera Ivanov; Ashley was merely her legal name. Apparently he was abusive to her, so Ashley killed Ivanov a few months ago and didn't release the information that he was dead. I have to hand it to her since she's actually pretty smart."

"That's not the fucking point."

"I'm sorry, but if it makes you feel better boss, Sierra was apparently a major factor in the revealing of this information. Your sister really knows how to make people tick, which helped the spy get the necessary information. When she's older, I'm sure that Sierra could be a great asset to the mafia, that is if she wants to join."

"I'm honored to hear my sister being flattered, but I think it's about time that we go to Russia, so that no more time is wasted. We'll be in contact in a few hours."

A few minutes later, Santiago and Damon arrived. It turns out that at my siblings' school, winter break had started, so Sierra wouldn't miss school. At least that was one less problem when Sierra returned.

"Well, now that everyone's here, we're leaving now. Fasten your seatbelts everyone since this is gonna be one hell of a ride."

Sierra's POV
Following Ashley's emotional breakdown and departure from the dungeon, my father "awakened."

"Did you know who my mother was when you met her?"

"No. I was drunk and oblivious when I met her, and Ivanov was smart. He never let his wife attend any of the mafia events and didn't seem to care about her being unfaithful to their marriage if it meant that his mafia would become the most powerful."

"Do you have any idea of how we can escape? I don't have any ideas at the moment."

"If I'm not mistaken, our family's mafia has spies in the Russian Mafia. While I'm not sure if any of them have access to the dungeons, I'm confident that your brothers are aware of our whereabouts. They're probably planning an attack as we speak."