𝙩𝙬𝙤. premature death

Y/N heard of what happened to the mission Gojo and Geto were sent to the moment she came back to Jujutsu High from her own mission. She was dead tired, but she couldn't help but worry as they told her Gojo lost his life in the hands of the sorcerer killer from the Zen'in clan, yet he miraculously came back alive.

"Shoko, where's Gojo?" Y/N asked upon encountering the girl.

"He's resting, both of them, they won't even come out of their rooms. What happened to Amanai took such a great toll on them. Not to mention Gojo came back from the dead"

Shoko told her everything, and Y/N just nodded and pat her shoulder. "Thanks for letting me know, Shoko" she said as she started walking away, but Shoko suddenly grabbed her shoulder which made her flinch and abruptly stop in her tracks.

"Senpai, you're injured" she said and Y/N just pretended as if she wasn't hurt.

"I'm okay, Shoko, don't worry about me"

"No, I'll heal you"

"You're exhausted Shoko"

"You still need to be treated"

"I'm totally fine-ouch! Argh Shoko! Why did you do that!" she complains as she crouched down on the ground.

Shoko gave her a blank stare as she suddenly karate chopped her on her stomach.

"You're even more hardheaded than those two idiots, Y/N-san" she says as she pulls her towards the clinic.

"But Shokooo"

"Worry about yourself too, Y/N"

Y/N suddenly turned towards the voice. It was Yaga, but Y/N just grinned.

"You worry too much sensei, you're getting wrinkles if you do that"

"Take her away already Shoko" Yaga says. He was too busy with all the recent events and being the next principal to respond to his students' jokes.

And so Shoko healed Y/N.

"Ah, I need to improve faster and grasp reverse cursed technique" Y/N stretched and let out a satisfied groan. "Thanks Shoko, you're the best"

Shoko hummed as they bid goodbye to each other.

Sliding the door of the clinic close, Y/N looked at her hands, she opened and closed her palms then sighed.

Her thoughts went again to the latest happenings in the jujutsu world. She can't grasp the fact that her kouhais almost died. Sure they were annoying, but she cares.

If the two of them who claimed to be the strongest almost died, then how about her and the other younger sorcerers?

She clenched her fists and started walking towards their dormitory building when she saw a glimpse of white hair down the hallway.

Feeling her presence this time, Gojo looked up to her direction.

"Gojo" she mentioned, and the man lazily dragged himself towards her then suddenly put his head on her shoulder.

This sudden act from him surprised her.

"Gojo, what are you-"

"Y/N-san" his voice was low, but enough for her to hear.

"I came back...alive" he whispers.

Y/N remembered her saying to them that they should come and face her alive yet this isn't what she meant, this was not the expression she wanted to see from him when he comes back.

"But Amanai..." He continued. "Is not"

This statement alone made Y/N's heart sink. She could feel the burden he carries in his heart, and this made her unconsciously pat his head gently, trying to comfort him.