𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. grief

"Y/N sensei, Y/N-sensei!"

'Just let me die'

Her body felt so exhausted she doesn't want to move. Moreover, she can still feel the pain not only with her body, but in her heart.

Yet for some reason, Y/N still slowly opened her eyes upon feeling someone is trying to wake her up, it took a few seconds to adjust her vision and she was able to see clearly, and when she has fully gained back her consciousness, she only blankly stared at them.

"Y/N sensei!" Maki and Nobara exclaimed. 

"You guys..." her voice was coarse.

"You passed out sensei" Nobara said while Maki sighed. 

"Of course, she hasn't eaten anything since we came from Kyoto to here" Maki said. 

Y/N stared at the void. 'Ah, right. That's what happened'

"Gojo sensei..." Nobara mutters. 

Upon hearing his name, Y/N snapped back to reality and abruptly sat up.

"Y/N sensei! Be careful!"

'I should not die.'

"Nanami, Megumi, Yuji...take me to them" she said as the two girls assisted her to stand up.

"I need to inform them, I saw it, I saw it with my own eyes, how...how he was sealed" Y/N clenched her fists.

"Sensei, you need to rest first, they are all fighting out there"

"No, there is no time for me to rest, I must go and fight alongside with you all"

Maki and Nobara had no choice, their teacher is being stubborn and insistent, they recalled how Gojo described her one time.

"Your Y/N sensei is quite stubborn so good luck with convincing her! But don't fret! It's just a secret between us, but she has soft spot for her students!"

'No, only Gojo sensei can make her calm down and rest when she's like this' Maki thought.

And she was right, no amount of convincing for her not to fight was able to work on Y/N right now. In the end, they surrendered and brought her outside to find Nanami and the others. 

They did find Megumi, but he was fighting a man, Y/N was about to step in their fight but she saw Megumi utilizing the best of his abilities, he was able to use a powerful shikigami for the first time, and this made Y/N decide to let him be, so he could realize his full potential, and she would just step in to help if he's in the brink of needing help.

And Megumi did realize his potential.

Y/N's eyes widened as Megumi was able to summon the Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga. She had only ever heard of it from Gojo's stories of his predecessors who fought a ten shadow technique user. But to see it in person stunned her.

And it was as if fate was toying around not only Megumi, but also Y/N, when Y/N saw a glimpse of the face of the man Megumi was fighting against.

Y/N stood still, trying to remember the familiar face of that man. The man was definitely strong, even without cursed energy.

"He looks so damn familiar" the moment she blurted out those words, Megumi defeated the man.

"No cursed energy..."

'He looks like...'

"What's your last name, boy?" the man asked.

"Fushiguro" Megumi replied, even if he was quite confused why he asked.

"Ah, good for you" he said before stabbing himself.

And that's when Y/N realized. "Toji" she muttered.

Y/N ran towards Megumi and engulfed him in a hug. This really surprised Megumi.

"Y/N-san..."

But Y/N just hugged him tighter. Her heart hurts to see both father and son after each other's throats, and Toji's last words to Megumi were like an arrow piercing her heart.

Gojo being sealed already made her feel like hell, and witnessing Megumi and his father fight each other added more insult to injury.

"I won't let you get hurt, Megumi. I promise, I'll protect you" Y/N said as she finally let him go from her embrace and cupped his cheeks.

"Y/N-san...you're here" Megumi uttered. "You've escaped" he says pertaining to her being held captive.

"Gojo sensei, he's—"

"Been sealed" Y/N finished.

"Yuji screamed it from the top of his lungs on top of a building" Megumi said which made Y/N's eyes widen.

"Y/N-san, are you alright?" Megumi was in a panic when he saw a tear escape her eye.

"Y/N-san you're crying—"

"I'm okay. I'm okay Megumi" she wiped her tear. "Don't worry about me, okay? Let's go find Yuji and Nanami. Maki and Nobara—"

"Y/N sensei!" Maki called for her.

"Y/N sensei, Nanami-san and Nobara..."

"What happened?" Y/N questioned.

"They're...gone"

━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N first felt agony when her brother died. The look on Nanami's face back then was enough for her to see how he treasured him as a friend.

Y/N never let her emotions out ever since, especially when she became a teacher. She had to put up a strong facade in order to be a good model to her students, to not let emotions take ahold of them when faced in trying circumstances, and that is, when exorcising curses. But she has also taught them to be compassionate and to give importance to human life, that way, they know their purpose, why they are doing this despite the danger this job holds.

Y/N knows anytime, she could lose her life because she is a jujutsu sorcerer, yet when it comes to other people, she couldn't help but be affected by it.

That is why when her first students died in their mission. Y/N shut herself in for three days, that not even Gojo could talk to her. Yet it was the very same man who helped her recover.

This time around, she lost so many people dear to her. She honestly doesn't know what to do.

Yet somehow, deep within her mind, she could not give up yet. Not when Gojo is still alive.

And everyone is depending on her right now.

"We'll find ways to unseal Satoru. No matter what"

━━━━━━━━━━━

Have I mentioned we're kind of near the end?