𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚. a brand new start

Y/N was grateful to Gojo for being there for her that day. Had not him being there with her, she didn't know what she would have done. 

So when she saw Yaga finally leaving him alone in the stairs after having a talk, she sat beside him but still gave enough space between them, she propped up her elbow on her knee and rested her cheek on her palm.

Gojo didn't need to look up to know who it was who sat beside him. As long as she doesn't conceal her cursed energy, he can identify it was her.  But even if she conceals her cursed energy, he can still recognize her.

Y/N didn't say anything and just kept quiet, she just wanted him to know that he's not alone for a while. Gojo never spoke a word too, but he didn't mind her being there. 

Ten minutes passed by when Y/N decided that maybe it was enough, and she had to leave him alone so that he will have time for himself to think. Yet when he attempted to stand up, he spoke.

"Don't leave" 

It's as if those words came from a cursed speech user that she wasn't able to even move and take a step.

"I hate this" he suddenly said. "I hate admitting that it hurts" he said. Y/N turned to look at him, he was still looking at the ground.

"You're strong for admitting that out loud, Gojo" she said, which made him look up to her.

"I can only save those who are ready to be saved is what you're thinking right?" Y/N asked, as she looks at the horizon in front.

Gojo's eyes widened a little, those were the exact words he said to Yaga earlier. 

Y/N smiled weakly.

"We can only move forward after all"

━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N stood face to face with Geto in a temple outside Jujutsu High. She didn't expect to encounter the wanted prime suspect here today.

"I'm sure you wanted to ask" Geto spoke first. "I'll be willing to answer, Y/N senpai"

Y/N took a deep breath, she was contemplating whether or not to tell Gojo he's here, because she knows how he wasn't able to bring himself to kill him that time they had an exchange in Shinjuku. After all, he was a special person to him.

"Why did you let this happen? Why would you defect, Geto?" she calmly asked. 

"I never held any hatred against you all in Jujutsu High, I only wanted to follow my ideals"

Y/N closed her eyes then opened them once again. "Why must you hurt Gojo?" she questioned. "You're better than this...you were better than this Geto"

But Geto only chuckled. "If it's Satoru, you would be okay with it, right?"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"You always understood Satoru, senpai" he said, a subtle sad smile flashed in his face for a second. "But never me"

Y/N further furrowed her eyebrows. "That's not true, I understand—at least—I try to understand all of you"

"No, senpai" Geto said. "If you did, then you wouldn't have asked those questions to me"

Y/N felt like sharp blades struck her that day. Geto turned around and walked away. "Don't worry, I'm not holding a grudge against you" he says as he vanished away with his curse.

Y/N stood frozen on her spot for a couple of minutes, until a car pulled up in front of her.

"What are you doing here alone, Y/N senpai?" 

Y/N turned to look at the person who rolled down the window. "Shoko" she said.

"Gojo was being annoying, asking me where you are, so I thought I'd leave the school" she says. "Hop in!"

"Did you just make Yaga sensei agree to use his car?" she said to Shoko as she greeted the driver in front and enters the car.

"Yes" she said. 

Upon entering the school, Gojo was already waiting by the entrance. When both of them got out, he walked to them while stomping his feet and pouting.

"You hid her!" He pointed and accused Shoko, but Shoko only gave him a blank stare.

"She didn't" Y/N came to her defense. She was about to say something, but then contemplated whether or not she should tell the both of them that she encountered Geto.

Nevertheless, she thought they deserve to know, and so she told them, even if it hurts. But surprisingly, Gojo and Shoko didn't react much.

"We can only move forward, right?" Gojo said, this made Y/N look at him, he was trying to console her. Y/N's lips subtly curved upward, then Gojo pulled her.

"Come on, I know you're free today, so you have to teach me now. Also I've got an idea, and you might want to hear it"

While being pulled inside the school, Y/N looked back at Shoko pleading for help, but she just waved her hand at her, practically saying "Good luck on handling that man" 

This scenario with Gojo has become a routine for her, until the day of her graduation.

"What, why are you graduating?" Gojo bluntly asked with his arms crossed.

"Because I am" Y/N raised a brow. "What makes you think I won't graduate on time?"

"But I made sure your name wasn't on the list..." he muttered.

"You what?" she asked.

"You heard that?" 

"Gojo Satoru you did what?!" 

Gojo suddenly started running away while laughing. 

"Come back right here this instant!" she exclaimed as she chased him.

Shoko could only shake her head. 

"But you'll be leaving me alone! Just graduate next year with me!" he said as he slowed down his pace.

"No way!"

"But seriously though, you're really leaving" he said and stopped running.

"That's inevitable Gojo" she said.

"Aww shucks, and here I thought you'll miss me" he pretends to sulk.

"You dream"

"But I'll miss you!"

"I'm only going overseas for a year"

"Still!"

"Shoko is here"

"She won't listen to my blabbering"

"I was only tolerating you"

Gojo gasped. "I am seriously hurt by hearing you say that!"

"You've become the strongest, I doubt it hurts" 

Gojo huffed. "Just so you wait and see, I already have a plan in mind for a brand new start after graduation, and you will get persuaded by me" he said.

"Huh, I'd like to see you try"

"Is that a challenge?" Gojo smirked.

"Maybe, maybe not" she smirked as well.

But Gojo just smiled mischievously.

"I can't wait to graduate next year"

━━━━━━━━━━━