𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. a ray of hope

Warning: Manga spoilers ahead.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N hated every second of the culling games.

It was just a few days since Yuji almost lost hope, and Y/N tried her best to save the boy. She swore that she will protect the kids with all her life.

When Okkotsu Yuta came back and learned about everything that happened, the first thing he did after pretending to have executed Yuji, and reunited with Y/N and Maki, is to hug his current teacher. This kid had always rooted for his Gojo sensei and Y/N quietly, and he could only imagine how hurt Y/N might have been when Gojo got sealed.

After all, he has experienced losing a loved one, to the point that he even didn't notice that he was the one who cursed his childhood friend.

Yuta has witnessed how Y/N helped him, and the love she gives to her students.

And now, all of them got separated because of the stupid culling games that Geto, or rather, Kenjaku started. Yuta swore to himself that he will no longer let Gojo kill his best friend with his own hands again.

Y/N was glad when Yuta came back, and her fellow special grade sorcerer Tsukumo Yuki arrived, finally there were now three special grades.

Yet when Yuki got killed, it only made Y/N feel more empty.

That is, until they found hope, the one that's called "Angel" that could unseal Gojo.

Y/N felt like she somehow saw a glimpse of light in the darkness, but she says she will only unseal Gojo Satoru if she is able to kill Sukuna's vessel, Y/N was suddenly put in a dilemma once again.

Y/N was torn between Gojo and Yuji.

She swore to protect Yuji, yet everything has just gotten even worse.

"No, Megumi!" Y/N cried.

Yuji witnessed it all, how Sukuna left his body and transferred to Megumi's. He was already blaming himself for the incident in Shibuya, and now, he was the one who caused Megumi's demise. More so when he witnessed Y/N's pained expression. Yuji wanted to scream out of frustration too, but he was unable to because of the shock.

It's also been a while since he saw Y/N vividly showing emotion. When the culling games started, the only thing they've heard about her when they got separated is that there was this sorcerer named Y/N in the Tokyo colony, who moved like a ninja, and eyes void of any emotions.

She was swift, quiet, and showed no mercy, hence, she hasn't been defeated ever since. Making her have the highest points among all the players. She was a monster in their eyes and was feared by most of the curses and sorcerers in her colony.

On instinct, Yuji hugged Y/N, just as she did when he was in despair in Shibuya.

Then a woman suddenly arrived and appeared to be also possessed by a curse. Y/N recognized her, and her eyes widened upon seeing her figure. "Tsumiki" she whispered.

Y/N could not believe what's happening, the two kids she got fond and took care of since they were little, is now killing each other in front of her.

"Y/N-sensei" Yuji spun her body away from Megumi and his sister.

A vague memory flashed back in Y/N's mind.

"Megumi! Y/N-san is here!" The little girl exclaimed and let the woman who just arrived, go inside their house.

"Hi, Tsumiki" Y/N smiled and greeted the girl.

"Gojo sensei is out again?" Megumi questioned which made Y/N sigh.

"You got it Megumi" she ruffled his hair.

"Y/N-san, you've always been here every time he is out, thank you" Tsumiki said which made Y/N smile.

"You two have become important to me" Y/N replied. "So you should have each other's backs okay? You are family, you have each other, so when we are not there for you in times of trouble, be each other's protector"

"Alright Y/N-san, I promise to protect my brother!" Tsumiki gladly said.

"You are family to us, Y/N-san, you're already like our mother" she added.

"Huh? What?"

"And Gojo-san, is like our dad" she giggled. "Right, Megumi?"

"Ha?" Both Y/N and Megumi reacted.

"Little girl, where did you get that idea from?" Y/N couldn't believe what the kid is saying. But she just giggled in response.

"Tsumiki...Megumi..."

Yuji saw how Megumi, or rather Sukuna killed Tsumiki and he couldn't take it anymore. Megumi did all his best to take Tsumiki back, hence the Yasohachi bridge incident. Yet right now...

"I'm sorry sensei" Yuji said and suddenly carried her away which made her yelp in surprise and ran as fast and as far as he could.

"No, Yuji wait! What are you doing?"

"Sorry Y/N-san!" He exclaimed and ran faster until he reached their quarters.

"Yuji, put me down! I have to go back to them!" Y/N exclaimed and struggled but the kid refused to do so.

"What happened?" Shoko asked, they have finally reunited the other day.

Yuji explained everything and just put her down when she calmed down.

Their fellow sorcerers felt sorry for Y/N, and when Angel heard of what happened to Megumi, she decided to unseal Gojo.

Y/N perked up when she heard their conversation.

Shoko sat beside her and held her hand. "Y/N senpai"

Y/N looked up at Shoko and Shoko gave her a reassuring look.

"Shoko...I told you just to call me Y/N"

Shoko hummed, there must be a reason why she suddenly want her to drop the honorifics, but she didn't pry anymore.

'Gojo did stop calling her senpai after we graduated without her telling him to, well he just decides things on his own most of the time anyway.'

Shoko leaned back on the couch.

"Gojo's going to be back, don't worry, Y/N"

━━━━━━━━━━━

Bonus: The first time Y/N met Angel...

"Oi" Y/N crossed her arms as she looked at the girl who Yuji and Megumi brought.

"Who is this?" Her tone was strict and serious. There was no sorcerer who they brought that claimed to be their ally who did not pass through Y/N.

"She's the one who can unseal Gojo sensei" Yuji replied. "Sorry, Y/N-sensei is just wary of everyone" Yuji said to Angel.

"Yes, I could unseal him" the girl who was called Angel said then glanced at Megumi who was looking unbothered, and went closer by his side.

This did not get away with Y/N's prying eyes, and her eyebrow raised.

The girl clearly likes the spiky haired boy.

She stood up and went pass through them. "Excuse me" Y/N says as she is now standing in between Megumi and Angel.

"Very well" she says. "I'd welcome you if you can really unseal Gojo" Y/N declared and this made Yuji sigh in relief.

The girl smiled. Yet Y/N was still in her deadpan expression.

"Megumi you go stand there beside Yuji"

━━━━━━━━━━━

One or two chapters and an epilogue left. 🫣