100

hana's pov

"miss, we've arrived at your destination"

i open my eyes and look out the window to see that we've arrived in front of my dormitory.

i thank the driver and pay him before climbing out the car and sprinting up to the entrance of the building.

as i stand in the elevator, a million questions start to run through my mind.

why did my parents never tell me? and most of all, why didn't jungkook tell me the second he contacted me?

i feel so hurt and betrayed.

i've always felt like there's something missing in my life, and every time i would see jungkook's face online way before we even started talking, i would always get this sharp pain in my chest.

now you're telling me it's because we knew each other before?

after the accident that happened a few years ago, the doctors told me that i had some permanent damage to my brain that could affect my memory. they told me i'd mostly suffer from short-term memory loss, but i didn't give much thought to it, as i'd think that nothing important had happened recently then.

but nobody ever told me about him. about jungkook. a whole human being just completely wiped from my memory. and that makes me wonder if he's even a good person? i mean, there must be a reason why they didn't mention him to me, right?

i quickly throw my bag on the floor and turn around to go back outside, not even wasting a single second to take a look at myself in the mirror.

as i walk out of the building, a familiar black car comes in sight, and parks on the other side in front of the café. the rain has slightly stopped, and only a few rain drops can be felt falling down from the sky.

jungkook climbs out of his car and runs across the street when no cars are passing by. he embraces me, and wraps his warm, muscly arms around me. but i don't hug him back, and gently push him away.

"are you okay? has anyone been bothering you or hurt you? i know your identity is still hidden and i'm in the works to keep it that way with my company later, but there are some crazy people out there", jungkook rambles on, and i look down on the ground with an empty expression.

he notices that i'm acting a bit weird, but he thinks it's only because of the article.

"hey, let's go inside instead and talk about this in private", he grabs my hand, but i quickly pull my hand away.

"i don't mind talking outside. right here's fine", i say coldly while crossing my arms, now looking up at him.

it's true. it's the weekend and most students go home at this time. and judging by the weather, there will be very few people walking by who'll see us standing in the rain like two idiots.

"hana, you don't look okay", he says concerned.

i snicker and look to the side. of course i don't look okay. my eyes are puffy from crying, and i'm wearing no makeup at all. i didn't even have time to brush my hair.

"hana, look at me", jungkook lifts his hand up to cup my face in an attempt to make me look back up at him, but i dodge it by moving my head to the side.

"look, i know this might all be stressful, but i'm taking care of it. i don't understand why you're acting so cold towards me", he says with furrowed brows.