110

hana's pov

"jungkook?", i mouth as i watch him trail behind jaehyun.

he has just as much of a shocked expression on his face the moment he sees me, and my heart starts beating faster the closer they get.

they finally get to the kitchen and approach me, and jungkook stiffly stands beside jaehyun.

"uh jungkook, this is my friend hana", jaehyun introduces me, completely unaware of the fact that we already know each other.

we continue to look at each other awkwardly without saying a word, and jaehyun notices how weird the atmosphere is.

"do you guys know each other?", he asks with furrowed brows.

"oh, uh yeah, we were friends when we were younger", i finally utter out and awkwardly chuckle as i look down on the floor.

it's weird saying that out loud when i don't even remember anything from when we were younger.

"ohhhh", jaehyun reacts, a bit confused on why we're acting so weird although we apparently already know each other.

i look up at jungkook who's already looking at me.

"hey, hana", he smiles.

i smile back, and quickly turn to jaehyun to ask him a question before he starts asking why we're acting so weird towards each other.

"what about you, how do you guys know each other?", i ask.

"oh uh, we trained together at jinhit entertainment when i was a trainee there before", jaehyun answers.

"oh, what a small world", i nod and awkwardly chuckle, and the conversation quickly dies.

"YO JAEHYUN! COME HERE", someone shouts from the living room, and jaehyun excuses himself.

fuck.

i quietly curse under my breath as i watch jaehyun walk away, leaving me alone with...him.

"...i thought you hated beer", jungkook says breaking the ice, and points at the bottle in my hand.

"this is beer?", i ask with wide eyes, and he nods.

i lift the bottle up to my mouth and take a sip, and my blank face quickly turns to a disgusted frown when the bitter taste of beer hits my taste buds.

"why'd you grab beer if you hate it so much?", he chuckles.

"i just took whatever was displayed on the table", i say, and he suddenly grabs the drink out of my hand.

"...yeah you can have that", i continue to say and he shakes his head.

"nah i can't drink, i'm driving", he says placing the bottle on the table.

"ahhh, okay", i nod my head and lean back against the kitchen counter.

"so how've you been?", he asks, also leaning against the counter to my left.

"i've been alright, just been studying a lot and stuff", i say fiddling with my fingers and shyly looking down.

"what about you?", i ask, looking up at his side profile and getting a glimpse of his lip piercings.

"i've just been in the studio a lot, and mostly been taking care of bam", he says while looking out at the crowd of people gathered in the living room.