Chapter 1

I'm finishing some paperwork at my office, and my vacation finally starts. I don't have anything planned for this whole week, so I guess staying home is the plan.

It's 1:52 PM, and I can tell Orange County traffic heading up north is starting to pick up.

I quickly packed up my bag and headed out for the day. The humid air blasted my face on the first step out of the building. I hated that. Like why is it sticky during March? But anyways,  I decided to grab food on the way back to my apartment. I decided to get sushi since I hadn't had it in a while. 

Directions said it'd take about 20 minutes to get to the sushi restaurant. I think I will just order at the restaurant and dine in since traffic will be heavy, and it'll take me about half an hour to get home.

I arrived there and decided to get the Tempura shrimp roll and a side of miso soup. 

Gosh I LOVE MISO SOUP

I sat at the bar-height table and got on my phone while waiting for my roll and soup. I waited for about 5 minutes for my itty bitty miso soup, and I heard someone shuffle a chair that was one chair over me and sat down.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" the voice asked.

"I don't mind," I said

 I turned to see who it was and saw the one and only...

SHOHEI OHTANI!!!! RAHHHHH!!!!GO ANGELS!!!!

"Thank you!" He said, smiling back.

I smiled back and turned my head back so I could face forward. Honestly, I was freaking out in my head when I saw his face. Like do you know that one Spongebob meme of multiple Spongebobs panicking in a fire? 

Yea... That was me.

 After five more mins, my roll finally arrived, and it looked more delicious than ever.

A few more minutes had passed, and I see a worker bring something out to Shohei. It looked like a bowl of poke (Poke is a traditional Hawaiian dish and sushi originates in Japan).

"That looks good. What is it?" I asked out of the blue.

"it's similar to poke if you ever had it. A deconstructed sushi roll in a bowl. I recommend. How's your roll? " he chuckled and asked.

As he asked that question, I already had stuffed another piece in my mouth.

I covered my mouth with my hand and gave him a thumbs up.

He chuckled and started digging into his bowl.

After about 10 minutes, I had finished my soup and roll and was ready to head out since it was already. Shohei was almost done with his food.

I get up from my seat.

"Well it was nice meeting you." I said as I push in my chair

"It was nice meeting you too! Maybe I'll see you again." Shohei chuckled

"Maybe..." I smiled and walked out to my car...

----

Helllooooo, I haven't written in years but I'm back again! I hope you all enjoyed this first part of the book! Let me know you thoughts <333

Word count: 501