Chapter 5

We found parking fairly fast. Once we were in parked, Shohei quickly got out and went to my passenger door to open it for me.

"Thank you Shohi" I said with a smile, quickly getting out.

"No problem madam" He shuts the door and waited for me to walk alongside him.

As we walked it in, it was very packed.

"Hi, I reserved a table for two" Shohei asked the waiter.

"the name?" the waiter asked.

"Ohtani" he respond.

"Alrighty, right this way!" the waiter asked as he grabbed two menus for us.

Shohei pulled out a seat for me before I was able to grab the seat.

I smiled and sat down as Shohei sat across from me.

As we settled down, the waiter gave us a run down on the menu and that he'll be back in a bit to take our order.

"It  looks really nice in here, very cozy." I chuckled.

Shohei nodded, "I agree, I'd come here every other week by myself but now I might have someone that'll accompany me."

I started to scan through the menu, and I saw that they have crepes. but also omelets.

"What are you thinking of getting Rena?" Sho asked. 

I was thinking about it for a bit and honestly might go with the mushroom omelette. I love sauteed mushrooms. They're literally so good.

"Mmmm, I'm thinking about the mushroom omelette, and you?" I replied as I looked at the drinks menu.

"I make some pretty good omelets, if you ever wanna try. I'm thinking about getting the crepes. I really enjoy them" he laughed.

After a few minutes, the waiter came by and took our order.

"So what do you do for work?" he asked.

"Well I'm a social media marketing manager and I'm currently one for a big brand right now. I kinda want to get into marketing for sports teams, though. And what about you Sho" I replied as I looked at him. Even though I know he plays baseball 

"Mmmm very nice. And I play baseball haha, for the Angels. I'm a designated hitter and also a pitcher." He said with a smile.

"Oh really?" I said jokingly.

"I literally have your jersey in my closet," I said.

Gosh he is so humbled. I love him.

"Whatttt you know me but acted like you didn't. Wowwwwww" He replied sarcastically.

"I don't want you to think I was a crazy fan plus you would've probably just forgotten about me if we just met that one time at the sushi restaurant." I rolled my eyes as I dug into my omelet. 

"Ohhhh how could I ever forget someone that had started a conversation with me out of the blue at a restaurant." he chuckled.

My cheeks flushed a little red as he dug into his crepes.

I shook my head and smiled.

After 15 minutes I was almost done with my omelet but I was getting stuffed. Sho had already finished his crepes and was just waiting for me while he drinks his water.

"Sho I'm getting fulllllll." I said with my mouth a bit full.

"Just one more bit, Rena. Here let me help you." He grabs my fork and picks up the food.

He then starts doing the airplane as if I was a little kid.

"The airplane's coming, open wideeeee ahhhh." He held his other hand under the fork so the food doesn't fall to the ground and waited for me to take a bite out of it.

I finally take one big bite and finished it.

"Yayyyy good job!" Sho said with a huge grin on his face and I rolled my eyes in response.

By the time we're done, it's already 11:45 am.

I had to take a breather to digest the food.

"Did you want to walk around so we can digest our food?" Sho asked.

I nodded and agreed.

I tried paying for my portion but Shohei decided to pay for the entire breakfast, I gave him the side eye. We walked to his car, and he opened the door for me and then went over to his side to start the car.

"Why didn't you let me payyyyy." I whinned

"Because I wanted to treat youuuuu." He mocked back

"I pay next time though then." I said as I stuck my tongue out at him.

He laughed

"Since it's just barely noon, would you like to hang out for the day or do you have something planned,"  he asked as we waited for the tesla to warm up.

"I'm actually free this whole week. I'm totally down". I responded with a huge smile.

"Alrighty, on an adventure we go." He said as he started driving.

---

Hi y'all! I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I've been busy with life and classes had just started and I'm trying to adjust to it. I promise to have chapters ready for you every other day. I love you all and I'm glad to see that you're enjoying it! <333

---

Word count: 793