Chapter 3

I swear I heard that voice before.

I opened my eyes and turned to the side to see him. AGAIN???

"Oh, it's you again!" I said, smiling.

"I was doing my evening jogs, and I saw you! Whoever thought I would meet you again at a neighborhood park." Shohei said excitedly. He was in some joggers and long sleeves that showed off his big biceps.

Golden hour appeared, and I admired him and nodded as he talked. The way the sun hit that mans face is a chef's kiss.

"I forgot to ask you for your name at the sushi restaurant. My name is Shohei, by the way." He said as he extended his hand out for a handshake.

"I'm Serena. It was nice talking to you earlier," I said with a smile.

My heart melted as I shook his hand. I was in awed. He's literally so genuinely sweet in person.

"So, are you from around here?" He asked while looking at me.

"I had just recently moved to the area." I turned my whole body and crisscrossed applesauce on the bench to look at him as he talked.

He nods and to my surprise, he tries to sit crisscrossed but fails since he's a giant.

We talked to each other for a few minutes, and I learned that he really likes sushi and hates tomatoes.

He's just like I swear we're meant to be. haha jk I wish...

It was starting to get dark, and I checked my phone.

"I should probably start heading back to my place it's getting dark," I sighed.

"I can walk you home. Even if this is a safe neighborhood, I want to ensure you get home safely. I'll just run back to my place after I drop you off," he said, reassuring me.

"You sureeeeeeee?" I asked

"I'm positive Serena." He said with a laugh.
I liked the way my name rolled off his tongue.

We both stand up and stretched before walking to my place.

As we walked, I noticed that he made me walk on the inside of the sidewalk. What a gentleman. We walked in silence for a few minutes and we finally got to my apartment after 15 mins.

We stood outside the apartment and looked at each other.

"Thanks for walking me home," I said shyly.

"No problem Serena. So since you're new to the area... do you mind if I get your number?" He asked in a shy tone.

"Of course, shosho," I laughed.
I gave him my number, and we exchanged our goodbyes and ended it with a hug.

...

His embrace was comforting and warming, even though it was just for a second.

I headed to my apartment and towards the kitchen to grab a snack before bed.

I sat on the couch while snacking on a banana, and I got a message from a number.

"Hey Serena :)"

"Shohei?" I replied while smiling.

"Yes. I just got home btw." He replied

I added his number to my contact and added it as "ShoSho 🧸"

" Thanks for walking me homeeeee 🥺 sho"

"No worries rena😂. Are you busy tomorrow?" he asked.

"Noooo. I actually just started my vacation 😂" 

"I'm not busy tomorrow either, would you be down to hang out?" As I read that message, I was grinning from cheek to cheek.

"Omgg really? I'm so down." I replied back.

"I can pick you up tomorrow morning and we can get breakfast and plan out the day" he messaged

"Sounds like a plan🤩" I replied

"Alright, Rena. I'll let you rest. Sleep well❤️"

"you too shosho." 

I set my phone down and threw my peel away.

I washed up and got ready for bed. 

I quickly changed into my pj's just some shorts and a big tee. And then I went to go brush my teeth and do my skincare.

I had recently tried the COSRX Korean skincare products and it ready-made my skin soft and hydrated. I 100% would recommend it.

As I finished up, I get into bed and put my alarm for 8 AM just in case I woke up early.

Before drifting off to my dreams, I reminisced about the casual events that happened today. Meeting the one and only Shohei Ohtani.

---

Part 3 down and many more to goooo. Sorry for not uploading I had been working and stuff. Apparently there's supposed to be a hurricane today but honestly it just seems like heavy rain. It's really humid though but anyways I've been thinking about buying tickets for September and the Angels last game in October. Should I? 

I hope you guys liked this part <3333

--- 

Word count: 740