Chapter 13

Serena's POV:

I woke up to the sun shining through my curtains.

I took a considerable stretch. And turned to my side, snuggling my cuddle pillow.

Slowly closing my eyes, I started sinking into my soft, warm bed until I heard my door open and someone lying down next to me.

I feel their stare directly towards me.

I open my eyes and see my sister looking at me smiling.

"Soooo tell me about your little secret date with SHOHEI FUCKING OHTANI. HOW DID YOIU EVEN MEET HIM????" She has too much energy for mornings.

"I literally met him at the sushi restaurant like 2 days a-" 

"AND YOU WENT ON A DATE AFTER ONE DAY OF KNOWING HIM???? That's crazy would never" She said with her hand covering her mouth.

"Hey! He was really sweet." I argued with her.

I then told her about meeting him again that day and giving him my number and then our day out yesterday.

"You guys are gonna get married but it sounds like it's meant to be. But anyways I have to get back home and get ready for work."  She said as she got up to leave.

I got up, followed her to let her out, and thanked her for watching Milo.

I went to the kitchen and put food for Milo and then got ready for the day.

I grabbed my phone and saw that I got a text notification.

Shosho 🧸

Good morning Rena :)

I internally screamed as a small smile crept up onto my lips.

I replied back with a good morning and set my phone on the counter to make breakfast. I think I'm going to make crepes with Nutella and banana inside.

As I'm making the crepe batter, I hear a notification and it's Shohei.

"I just showering after a workout, what are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm just making breaky." I texted, debating whether I should invite him over or not.

"Breaky?" He texted back, confused

"Breakfast haha. You should come over! It's the least I can do for you since you drove around and paid for basically everything but it's okay if you're busy Sho :)." 

"I don't have anything planned for today, I'll be there in 10!" He replied within a few seconds

It made my heart flutter. Before I even met Sho, I knew that he had a pure and sweet soul from how the media displayed him. And even though I just met him a few days ago, it makes me really happy that he's putting in the effort to hang out with me. With all the things he can do in his free time, he chooses to spend time with me. A random girl he met at a sushi bar and the park.

I let the crepe batter rest and started to wash and cut up fruits for the crepes. 

After a few minutes, I heard my doorbell ring.

I opened it to see Shohei standing there with two Starbucks cups in his hand.

"Shohei! Good morning, welcome in!" I said welcomely.

"Good morning, Serena. I brought us coffee." He said with a smile as he walked in and started talking off his shoes.

"No No, it's okay, Sho. You don't have to take off your shoes." I told him with a smile.

"It's okay Rena, it's respectful plus, I see that you're wearing slippers." He chuckled and went over to put the drinks on the counter.

"Make yourself feel at home it's just me and Milo." I went into the kitchen and checked on the batter to see if it was done setting.

"Oh, you must be Milo." I turn around and see Milo purring as Sho bends down to pet him.

I smiled and turned back to what I was doing, getting the pan heated up.

"Wanna know something?" He asked

"What should I know?" I said as I poured a spoonful of batter onto the pan, spreading it.

" I make really amazing crepes." He said as he came and stood next to me observing.

"Oh really?  Do the next one when I'm done with this." I challenged him.

"Okayyyy just sayingggg" He smiled and sipped his drink.

After a minute or two, I finally finished cooking one crepe. 

"Okay your turn!" I said as I gave him the batter bowl.

"I'm also going to make whipped creme for the crepes, can you be in charge of the crepes?" I asked as I got the heavy cream out of the fridge.

"Oh, I didn't know I was cooking today." He sighed sarcastically.

"Fine, I'll do it," I said

"IM JOKIIING" his laugh filled the apartment, and I just rolled my eyes.

As I poured the heavy cream and vanilla extract, I was looking for a mixer. I guess I didn't have one, even though I thought I bought one, so instead I used a whisk instead.

This is gonna take so long...

"I finished making the crepes." He turned around with the plate of plain crepes. I told him that there were Nutella and fruits.

I feel him stand next to me.

"Yes, Sho?" I turn to him with the bowl in my arm and the whisk in my hand.

"Let me do it," He said as he had his hands out.

"I don't want you to do everythinggggg." I said pouting.

"It's okay, Serena. I promise." He said as I handed him the bowl.

After everything was done, we finally started to assemble our crepes, sat at the kitchen counter, and ate together. 

This is already the start of a good day.

---

Word Count: 888